“De Bruyne Plan”

Isn't it amazing that practically no journalist that I am aware of has properly discussed this? Are sides going to copy this? What are Pep's plans next system re this? Has any journalist directly put this question to him in a press conference?

This plan of course is not just the De Bruyne plan because Foden and Gundog can play in that role, and probably Sterling too. Perhaps our Summer recruitment plans should operate around acquiring players who can fit this system.

It will be interesting to see how City evolve. Is this is a one-off pragmatic move by Pep to be put back in the box or is it something we are going to adopt regularly?

Last edited:
If Fernandinho goes and it looks like that who if anyone will come in to replace him to give competition to Rodri.

I’d be surprised if Pep has ever heard of the Revie Plan. He said the words “we have no history” himself the other week.
he says that a bit in some interviews but I’m sure that’s just his misuse of the word when he should be saying we have no/little experience rather than history.

Isn't it amazing that practically no journalist that I am aware of has properly discussed this? Are sides going to copy this? What are Pep's plans next system re this? Has any journalist directly put this question to him in a press conference?

This plan of course is not just the De Bruyne plan because Foden and Gundog can play in that role, and probably Sterling too. Perhaps our Summer recruitment plans should operate around acquiring players who can fit this system.

It will be interesting to see how City evolve. Is this is a one-off pragmatic move by Pep to be put back in the box or is it something we are going to adopt regularly?
You’re assuming journalists know something about football - other than what Fergie did.

They’re more interested in finding some tenuous derogatory story about us whilst letting the real historic cheats off the hook

I’d be surprised if Pep has ever heard of the Revie Plan. He said the words “we have no history” himself the other week.
The Revie plan was an adaptation of the Hideguti plan with which the Magical Magyars stormed the 50s and should've won the World Cup.
Somewhere in the telling of that famous Hungarian story, City's use of the false 9 will be mentioned, so Pep may well be aware.
His ref to no history was specifically about the latter stages of the CL.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.