“Follow you everywhere” chant

And how many people reading this thread are now bouncing round the house singing it. Still in Bournemouth with the kids and in a restaurant earlier today when the actual track came on. Daughter who is old enough to know better couldn’t resist singing it. Some odd looks as she belted out we Man City and on the puss again.

The simple solution to keep all our fans happy is to change the word drugs to Vimpto.

1894, I will be listening on Tuesday don't let me down.
V-I-M-T-O
V-I-M-T-O
Varadi… Imre Varadi
Morley… Trevor Morley
O-OO-OOO

Top choon

As is the Fleetwood Mac. Safe journey home Blues. Mad to think some of you’ll’ve done Arsenal, Forest, Leipzig, Bournemouth and Bristol. Respect. You’ve earned the right to sing what you want, I reckon.

If you don't like the drugs reference sing beer, if you don't like alcohol reference sing Manchester City, if you don't like the song don't sign it at all, nobody is forcing anyone.

Just great to hear a group of lads and lasses singing loud and proud a song which lasts a decent period of time instead of one quick chorus then silence. I like it, tune been stuck in my head all day.
Exactly. I always sing beer instead of drugs. Not massively keen on the “Awoooooo” bit but otherwise it’s a banging chant that has been bubbling under for years (even longer than it took Eternal Flame by The Bangles to get to number one after entering the charts!) and now that it’s finally taken off it’s fully deserved IMO.

Seriously. It’s just a song. Young lads go to football and want a laugh and a sing song. We have enough people moaning that we have no atmosphere and then when we do sing for 20 minutes it’s still not good enough.

Football is a release for many especially at the moment. If fans want to have a sing then crack on. I enjoyed it and went all in yesterday. I’m 41, not into fleetwood Mac and certainly not into drugs but I had a good time and I enjoyed the singing.
Spot on.

I'm 50 too and it's a great song.
I just sing spent all my money on beer and City instead.
Any song that can be sung over and over has been needed for ages.

And C'mon City is for def our worst song. It's always been more of a moan than a song. It's usually sung when fans are pissed off with the game/effort and it's kinda accusing & demanding rather than encouraging
Got to disagree with the second paragraph. Yes it’s a default chant and uninspiring. It’s sung over the years though to show the team we’re with them imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.