“Guardiola’s tactics will never work in the Premier League”

We should inscribe “Guardiola’s tactics will never work in the Premier League" below "not in my lifetime" on the pisscan's gravestone when he finally shuffles off his mortal coil.
We could have a shrine at the Etihad, dedicated to Rock of Gibraltar. All the pisscan’s anti City insults plus a banner: 10 years…..

Playing Devils advocate I'm not sure they were wrong! We didn't win the prem in Pep's first season and whilst his record after that is frankly unbelievable I don't think any blue would say it has been "easy"?
But yes they were clearly insinuating he would fail and he has done anything but.
Another thing we can now put to bed is the debate at the time his appointment was announced "who will be more successful Pep's City or Jose's United?" ;)

Playing Devils advocate I'm not sure they were wrong! We didn't win the prem in Pep's first season and whilst his record after that is frankly unbelievable I don't think any blue would say it has been "easy"?
But yes they were clearly insinuating he would fail and he has done anything but.
Another thing we can now put to bed is the debate at the time his appointment was announced "who will be more successful Pep's City or Jose's United?" ;)
The key point about Guardiolas tactics is that you have to have the right players capable of playing the way he wants. As you say,we didn’t win the Prem in his first season chiefly because he didn’t have those players.

The key point about Guardiolas tactics is that you have to have the right players capable of playing the way he wants. As you say,we didn’t win the Prem in his first season chiefly because he didn’t have those players.
Ageing hitmen in defence.
All the experts laughed at Kyle’s fee. He’s been ok for us!

Don’t think that represented falling short at the time either. Pellers didn’t win it in his last season, and we needed a lot of work by the end of Manuel’s reign.

Did we improve as a team on the season before? Yes. That’s been the case more or less every seasons since, too.

I think it must be true that his tactics won't work. We've all noticed that his problems are so great that he tries a tactical revamp EVERY season in is restless desire to work out the PL.

How many years did it take fergiscum to win his first?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.