“We’ve been found out”

I'm Blue

We’ve all said it over the past god knows how many months.
Pep has finally changed things, he’s made us much harder to beat and let’s face it, we’ve been very easy to beat for months...
Yeah we are nowhere near our best, especially up front, but look at our goal scorers/makers
Sergio injured, Kev nowhere near his best, Raz the same, Mahrez far too inconsistent to make the difference week in week out, Jesus trying hard but just not happening for him, Bernardo, oh Bernardo.
But surely we’ve gotta give Pep and the team some time to change?
We are not the team of 2 years ago, different players and as we’ve all said “we’ve been found out” so the change had to happen.
I’d rather play the way we have today than the way we’ve played up until recently, we played with a naivety, especially to the counter and were getting beat far too easily.
Pep just needs to find the right balance and making us hard to beat is a great starting point.
Only time will tell if this new approach will work, but right now that’s all we have, time.

I think it's hard to underestimate the loss of Dave,Sane and by the looks of it Aguero. Silva after lockdown looked as though he was somewhere near his best and was playing very well. For many he is the greatest player we've seen play. He was an unlocker of defences and took the strain of Kev. Look how frustrated he looks. If that means we've been found out then that's the way it is until a player of Silva's quality comes along. We all hope that can be Foden but of course he needs to be on the pitch first

I suppose it depends on your expectations of how we should perform and challenge for major trophies (or not). We look a long way off challenging for either the title or the CL. I can live with that if the squad is overhauled and we get back into contention again.

I don't know what City fans expected. Utd were always going to be very defensive and we struggle to create clear chances.

I think City are going to go quite close to winning the title providing Liverpool / CFC don't click. We're not as good as we were offensively because our main creative force de Bruyne is short of his best but we are stronger defensively than we have possibly ever been.

I think it's hard to underestimate the loss of Dave,Sane and by the looks of it Aguero. Silva after lockdown looked as though he was somewhere near his best and was playing very well. For many he is the greatest player we've seen play. He was an unlocker of defences and took the strain of Kev. Look how frustrated he looks. If that means we've been found out then that's the way it is until a player of Silva's quality comes along. We all hope that can be Foden but of course he needs to be on the pitch first
No doubt about it, if Dave was still playing, we’d be a lot better than we currently are.

I suppose it depends on your expectations of how we should perform and challenge for major trophies (or not). We look a long way off challenging for either the title or the CL. I can live with that if the squad is overhauled and we get back into contention again.
A few months back we looked like we might not finish top half, so I’m taking every positivity I can get.

Its frustrating as fuck to watch as we're so used to the free flowing attack attack attack style.

I think Pep is using the "big" league games to "rehearse" for the big CL games.

He's using them to get the players used to playing in a conservative, solid manner. The "perfect European" performance if you will.

I cant see any other reason for such a drastic change to Pep's long standing philosophy and the way he usually demands we play.

Whether this will pay dividends in the CL remains to be seen but I do think this is what he is doing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.