10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grealish must be looking at Sterling's performance against Burnley and thinking what am i doing on the bench , Pep trying to give Sterling some game time nearly cost us against Burnley , Grealish and Foden are both way ahead of a totally out of form Sterling.
It didn't nearly cost us at all. Not just because Sterling was actually alright (please look back through my post history if you think I've defended him recently), but because Burnley were shite and because we completely closed them out of the game. Burnley had two shots on target across 90 minutes and 29% of the ball. This wasn't like the Southampton game recently, or games in the past where we can't get going or games where we've run out of ideas and have started flinging balls into the box for no reason. It was a bit frustrating but we were never in danger of being picked off in the second half. If Burnley had scored it would have come from nothing at all. There was no sense of impending doom or the feeling that we were going to get countered on. Burnley came to lose by as little as possible - hence the timewasting at 1-0 down - and that's exactly what was always going to happen. Sterling's been miles below his best for ages but Grealish won't be looking at the Burnley game thinking he should have started, he'll be looking at the Brugge game knowing that's the more important fixture and knowing that Pep needs him on the biggest stage right now.

Nearly cost us how

Jack was shite against Liverpool, there are no players in this system other than Torres or Jesus who look anything other than dreadful when played up front in this system. Neither should be judged on their performances in the mess that is our front three right now IMO.
Agree 100% , but at least Torres and Jesus are playing with confidence , Sterling has lost his self belief and playing him out of postition is not going to help him, if we had a genuine striker we would be top of the table , but we havent and any player we put in the striker position is never going to turn into an Aguero 30 goal a season player. At least we give other clubs hope , our striker situation could mean we only win the title by ten points this season :)

Thought we missed him against Burnley, strangely. What he brings us in the shape of keeping the ball rolling, keeping it moving, stopping things from going a bit static and stale - we didn't have that yesterday. Still got the game won but large portions of it were pretty irritating to watch as Burnley sat deeper and deeper and we snatched at half-chances. Grealish has definitely ensured that, in games where he plays well, the quality of our chances are a lot better.
Definitely missed Jack on Saturday , don't know why Pep put Sterling on the left for the 2nd half , he couldnt even control the ball Sterling should have been hooked at half time and Grealish brought on, i am not a Raheem hater and he has been superb for our club but he is'nt showing any signs of snapping out of this poor form.

A heads up that some fake WhatsApp messages are being circulated claiming to contain news reports that Jack has been arrested on motoring offences. Appears to be a complete hoax begun by a bitter twat fan of united/liverpool/villa

Nobody you’d know, but he was friends with Freddie Pye, Ken Barnes, Buzzer, Bobby Charlton, and Denis Law, amongst other people you would know. I grew up meeting these people. Freddie Pye is my brothers godfather.
I zoned out when you said Bobby Charlton.

I got hungry when you said Freddie Pye.

Something Something Something Don Corleone.

I'm not impressed by this ex-pro nonsense. Most I've met don't really have a clue about the game, indeed many aren't that interested and prefer to talk about something else.

TV pundits are living proof that old pros can blag their way through life.

I think you're the ghost of George Best and I claim my £5.

A heads up that some fake WhatsApp messages are being circulated claiming to contain news reports that Jack has been arrested on motoring offences. Appears to be a complete hoax begun by a bitter twat fan of united/liverpool/villa
Id be more concerned about the rumors that the police want to bring him in and also Mahrez as witness for the Mendy trial. The last thing we need is them distracted.

Id be more concerned about the rumors that the police want to bring him in and also Mahrez as witness for the Mendy trial. The last thing we need is them distracted.
I would be surprised if the police hadn’t spoken to them and loads of others already as part of building up a picture of the defendant’s movements on the night in question. They were among several hundred people at the same event held at a nightclub earlier in the evening. They aren’t really relevant at all but the gutter element of the press will try to damn him by association

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.