10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might be doing you a disservice here Marvin, but it looks like your issue isn't with Grealish, but with the club not signing players in other positions that you feel are weak. It didn't appear to be either/or to me, so 'failing' in other areas doesn't make Grealish purchase a mistake.
A City diplomat. Not sure if I will take the olive branch.

We have Foden, Bernardo, KDB, Sterling, Mahrez, Gunodgan, Torres, Jesus. We don't lack for creative attacking players. We spent £100m on Grealish, and nothing on a defensive midfielder, centre-forward or left back.

You tell me what attributes Grealish has that players like Foden, and Bernardo do not. What is the £100m adding to City's team? It doesn't make sense to me because he wouldn't be in my starting 11, were everyone fit, and a £100m players should be one of the first names on the teamsheet.

When Foden and de Bruyne are fit, does he start in your side? Perhaps answer it that way. If he doesn't, then it calls into question his signing.
Doesn't matter who we have if Pep wanted Grealish and made sure was the first signing we did, a record breaking 100m deal at that.

I think its fairly obvious that we thought Bernardo would go, Mahrez is 30 and the likes of Sterling and Foden need competition. Only recently Jesus has made himself a winger, otherwise he wouldn't even be in this conversation. You could argue him and Torres are still our only recognised forwards.
So realistically its Foden, Bernardo, Mahrez, Sterling and Grealish. KDB isn't going to play LW is he.

Why does it matter if he has similar attributes to Foden and Bernardo. Do you want us to sign John Walters instead because hes "different". The whole point of what Pep does is so the whole team is similar and thats why we win.

You have to get stronger every year. We have done that. Simple really.

You are being very short sighted imo. We need a squad not a team.

I'm all for squad depth but spending £100m on a guy who's a left winger and a creator is a bit excessive considering he's neither the best left winger nor the best creator in our squad.

Who do you believe is the best left winger in the squad?
Sterling, then Foden, then Grealish.

Sterling had one of his worst seasons ever last year and still got 10 goals 7 assists in just 28 league starts. If Grealish got those numbers for us this year we'd all be calling it a great season from him.

Just watching him in this England game just. He really does get kicked to fuck doesnt he quite comical at times. He definitely invites it though.
He's definitely a clever, classy player and a good option for us. The fee will always be thrown at him but at the end of the day Pep really wanted him and Villa would only let him go for his release clause so it is what it is. I don't care about that. I've seen glimpses so far of the quality he does have but also plenty of evidence that he has a lot of adapting to do to be really effective and a standout for us, especially in bigger games against our rivals. He teases and threatens a lot of the time and theres real anticipation every time he gets the ball...but at the minute you can't help but feel like you want to see more wow moments from him. I'm sure they will come in time. I think Pep is going to enjoy working with him and who knows what kind of player he will be for us in a couple of years time.

We have Foden, Bernardo, KDB, Sterling, Mahrez, Gunodgan, Torres, Jesus. We don't lack for creative attacking players. We spent £100m on Grealish, and nothing on a defensive midfielder, centre-forward or left back.

You tell me what attributes Grealish has that players like Foden, and Bernardo do not. What is the £100m adding to City's team? It doesn't make sense to me because he wouldn't be in my starting 11, were everyone fit, and a £100m players should be one of the first names on the teamsheet.

When Foden and de Bruyne are fit, does he start in your side? Perhaps answer it that way. If he doesn't, then it calls into question his signing.
Even if I accepted your premise, how many times this season do you expect both Foden and KDB to be fully fit and selected? Both brilliant on their day but one’s still a rotation all player in Pep’s mind, at least for league games. The other is a semi-crock.

In addition Grealish has more drive and balls than Mahrez and currently looks a far better footballer than Sterling. Bernardo may possibly not be here beyond this season. Sterling ???

I understand why people didn’t see him as a priority buy but believe he’ll totally justify himself over the term of his contract.

Last edited:
Who do you believe is the best left winger in the squad?
Foden. Only one who really goes at a right back and can beat them on the outside. Been refreshing to see Jesus do that a bit lately whilst on the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.