10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jack was superb tonight. He was a due a goal, has been looking dangerous in recent games. Love seeing him and Phil tear it up on the left.

That first 20 minutes he was on another level. Genuine really pleased for him, feel like he’s gonna kick on from here.

I am happy for his goal. But I am more impressed by his ability to recycle and win the ball from the opposite in difficult situations.

He won the ball several times in the first half. And twice in a row within short time in the 2nd half - leading to Foden's offsite goal and KDB's 2nd goal. Pep's theory focuses on keeping the attacking waving again and again - thus winning the ball back quickly and organise the 2nd wave of attacking is very important. Cancelo did it brilliantly this season.

Something interesting - our official lineup today is 4-2-3-1 and Grealish was listed as AML (attacking midfielder left) on whoscored. This is one of roles him played for England and Villa. He played half time as AML and half time as #10 in 4-2-3-1 in the previous season. No matter calling it AML or LW, a great difference is that he has more freedom to roam and cut inside. It also gives KDB more freedom as #10.

It will be interesting to see if Pep will give this plan another try.

I am happy for his goal. But I am more impressed by his ability to recycle and win the ball from the opposite in difficult situations.

He won the ball several times in the first half. And twice in a row within short time in the 2nd half - leading to Foden's offsite goal and KDB's 2nd goal. Pep's theory focuses on keeping the attacking waving again and again - thus winning the ball back quickly and organise the 2nd wave of attacking is very important. Cancelo did it brilliantly this season.

Something interesting - our official lineup today is 4-2-3-1 and Grealish was listed as AML (attacking midfielder left) on whoscored. This is one of roles him played for England and Villa. He played half time as AML and half time as #10 in 4-2-3-1 in the previous season. No matter calling it AML or LW, a great difference is that he has more freedom to roam and cut inside. It also gives KDB more freedom as #10.

It will be interesting to see if Pep will give this plan another try.
Wouldn't bet on it. Not until we play Leeds again anyway. I wouldn't be looking too deeply into tactics in this particular game, for anybody, not just Grealish. What worked well today wouldn't even be tried against anybody else. you have to remember the opposition, we played Leeds who have the kamikaze man to man approach, no other team in the league will play like that.

We were seeing Rodri making darts into the box in open play straight after peps just gone on record and praised him for moving less this season, centre halves carrying the ball 40 yards through gaping holes in the middle of the park with zero pressure, both wingers who Pep notoriously likes to keep wide drifting almost to the other side of the pitch, etc etc.

If you took the average positions of our 11 today it would be a formation that would look very different to other games and I suspect you won't see similar again until possibly the reverse fixture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.