10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

I think having both Doku and Grealish on the pitch at the same time really showed each of their respective strengths/weaknesses.

On the left we had Grealish. Rarely attacks/beats his man. Doesn’t create/score anywhere near enough but he never gives the ball away and for the most part gets our tempo. We are a better team when he is in it.

On the right we had Doku. Always goes at his man and regularly beats him. Little end product and gives the ball away far more…Villa nearly scored at 1:1 because he couldn’t execute a simple 5 yard pass in their box. However, we do look more threatening when he is on the pitch.

I think if we could take the best bits from both of them and bin off the parts of their play that make me want to stick a rusty fork in my eyes, we would have the perfect winger. At the moment we have a couple of nearly men.

Good to see him get 90+ minutes. That and the convincing result will do his confidence a lot of good, coming back from injury. We need him for the games to come.

The vile Villa fans threw shade, but Jack lad thrived in the spotlight.

Solid game I thought, not spectacular but something to build on. I do think he offers us a lot more balance and control.

He does seem to hesitate a split second too long when looking to shoot or cross, I don't know if it's some kind of mental block or he's just very safety first and tries not to lose possession. I'd love to see him be a bit more instinctive with that.

However, I think we are a better team with him on the pitch, so that's the most important thing.

I think he did ok. Needs a goal for his confidence, take the shot earlier rather than lash it against defenders legs. Keeps the ball so well, definitely gives us more control out there. I’m a fan

I think having both Doku and Grealish on the pitch at the same time really showed each of their respective strengths/weaknesses.

On the left we had Grealish. Rarely attacks/beats his man. Doesn’t create/score anywhere near enough but he never gives the ball away and for the most part gets our tempo. We are a better team when he is in it.

On the right we had Doku. Always goes at his man and regularly beats him. Little end product and gives the ball away far more…Villa nearly scored at 1:1 because he couldn’t execute a simple 5 yard pass in their box. However, we do look more threatening when he is on the pitch.

I think if we could take the best bits from both of them and bin off the parts of their play that make me want to stick a rusty fork in my eyes, we would have the perfect winger. At the moment we have a couple of nearly men.
Let's hope one day Doku goes down to the byline and will find Grealish on the far lost with a typical Raz cross.

I think it would have suited him better if he had Haaland to aim for on a cross.

But he is also coming back from injury, so wasnt expecting much.

Brought the control we need out wide.

He’s only played sporadically, but for me he’s actually looking even better than last season. There’s something balletic in the way he controls and moves with the ball. He’s also looking more like prime Mahrez in the way that he’s already positioning his body and controlling the ball in a way that has the defender unbalanced from the start. There’s also a sense of maturity about him now as if he appreciates that he’s one of the senior players and he’s shouldering the responsibility.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.