10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Just watching gundo control midfield for Barca and I’m just thinking if jack could do that job ? He keeps the ball better than anyone and his control is great . Just needs to score more goals .

Just watching gundo control midfield for Barca and I’m just thinking if jack could do that job ? He keeps the ball better than anyone and his control is great . Just needs to score more goals .
It would be interesting to see if he could play that next to Rodri midfield partner role, as you said, the most important thing for that spot is keeping the ball and he does that well, and physically he is pretty strong too.

But Jack would need alot of training in that role to develop that awareness, but it would be great to see him and Doku play together on that left side.

That’d be the role his skillset would be best suited to, and should have been the position he’s been integrated into by now. Could have - and could still - become a Modric-type driver from deep with the ball in a central position, without the obligation of scoring or playing the final pass. He’d also be a much better progressive passer from deep next to Rodri than Stones just passing it backwards and sidewards.

He’s also a tank and has shown glimpses of winning the ball back against counters too - he could become a complete midfielder if given a run of games in there.

That’d be the role his skillset would be best suited to, and should have been the position he’s been integrated into by now. Could have - and could still - become a Modric-type driver from deep with the ball in a central position, without the obligation of scoring or playing the final pass. He’d also be a much better progressive passer from deep next to Rodri than Stones just passing it backwards and sidewards.

He’s also a tank and has shown glimpses of winning the ball back against counters too - he could become a complete midfielder if given a run of games in there.
I too feel there’s more to come from him.

He brings balance and rhythm to the team. Jack is essential.

Absolutely

Whatever people think of grealish, it's quite clear that he's one of the first players Pep turns to when it gets to these big games and late stages of competitions, as we saw last season and back in now for these Real Madrid

Has to become one of the leaders in the dressing room and no reason with his personality he shouldn't.

Has to become one of the leaders in the dressing room and no reason with his personality he shouldn't.

More like mood booster rather than true leader in dressing room.

He always the lively one in the room and that's important to keep morale high for our team throughout season.

More like mood booster rather than true leader in dressing room.

He always the lively one in the room and that's important to keep morale high for our team throughout season.
Not the kind of vocal leader that tends to populate the captains group, but I think he does have an influence in the dressing room. I remember Gundo singling him out for praise in his goodbye letter and I think that's a ringing endorsement.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.