10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

He strolls backs and offers little defensively. Alvarez showed how to do that when he went off covering for Guardiol. Breaking up play with free kicks is ok but zero creativity and lacks pace . His stats don't lie.
If only daft Pep could see the game like you see the game we might win something.

Maybe after this season he has run his course?
Great the way he hugs the touch line and doesn’t give the ball away but at some stage tactics move on, unless he can reinvent himself in another position?

Anyone with both eyes open today would see that he was asked to play a very different role. He came well off the wing to an old inside-left position, freeing up the flank for Gvardiol and squeezing Forest into a narrower channel. Was a difficult task and playing more centrally left him at the mercy of the hatchet men.

Was one of the few players who actually kept the ball in the first half. Won us the corner for the first goal and got absolutely no protection from the ref again. Think the team’s overall performance would have been better had he seen more of the ball.

As good as Gvardiol is, he needs to learn to pass to Grealish more and link up better with him on that side.

Luckless again getting a whack to the knee but at least there are no midweek games to worry about.
Glad someone else has noticed this - Gvardiol seems to have a real reluctance to pass to Grealish. Rarely plays the ball to him and continually goes back inside even when Grealish is the obvious pass on

I thought he'd be pulled at half time and Doku moved over as both were getting nothing right.
Jack only seems to go to ground or gets his attempts to cross blocked, not saying some were not fouls but you almost expect it rather than the ball getting crossed.

Still years on I just don’t see it with Jack. He keeps the ball well and offers control but these are things Mahrez did yet Riyad chipped in with many goals and assists (and was still heavily criticised on here!). When we signed him I said he was basically a right footed mahrez without the goals and assists and I think he has proved to be just that.

I’d like us to move on in the summer but can’t see a team willing to pay what would be required or offer him the wages he’d like.

Maybe after this season he has run his course?
Great the way he hugs the touch line and doesn’t give the ball away but at some stage tactics move on, unless he can reinvent himself in another position?

If Bernardo leaves I’d like to see Pep try Grealish in a similar role, sort of half wing half box to box midfielder.

He doesn’t look like he’s going to age well as a winger. As soon as he loses a little bit of speed he won’t be able to beat anyone, so he’s going to have to move into midfield eventually IMO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.