10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

I’m not arguing because I think for the most part we are aligned on how valuable he is to the team. I just don’t see G/A as a bonus from a wide forward, they should be a given in this team and it’s not like he doesn’t have it in him.
Most wide forwards can't do what he does though, and that's just the difference between Jack and your traditional goal scoring winger.

I'd love to see him add some more goals to his game, but not at the expense of him becoming just a stat padding goal scoring winger, who scores 2 goals in 5 games, but turns the ball over regularly, and doesn't help out defensively.

Our best attacking player tonight. So so important in big games. Should do better in front of goal, as soon as he’s about to shoot he uses far too much time and shot gets blocked 90% of the time
Yeah, love him and hes great for us Im always saying, but blocked shots is an issue no doubt, 2 blocks in the first half. I feel both were great chances and this little, little moment too late to make it happen. So painful, but at the end team results are good (today: very good), everything is good enough

Imagine if he could get a quick shot away like Aguero used to?

He is quality at everything except shooting and he has to start every single game from now on if we want some more silverware.
But why is it something he is unable to improve? He hasn't improved it since he came to us, he was even better at it at Villa. You play in the best team in the world, with the best manager in the world, you train every day for hours and hours in the highest levels. He's excellent in everything else, I really think he's a great player and he's so important to us, but he needs to work harder to improve his shooting. Perfection requires hard work

He's been consistently good the last couple of games, let's hope he continues down this path for a long long time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.