10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

According to the "gossip" on BBC, City are willing to listen to offers this summer

BBC 'gossip'... A collection of made up nonsense from the Internet.

Any club would be "willing to listen" to offers for any player. Being willing to accept an offer is a completely different thing.

I believe nothing until it's announced by the club.

Any club would be "willing to listen" to offers for any player. Being willing to accept an offer is a completely different thing.

Yes, with a strike rate of about 20% over 20 years, I'm believing nothing neither, on the other hand however it wouldn't be a huge surprise along with a few others maybe that might get mentioned on a slow news day

On Grealish I'm pretty sure the club wouldn't entertain any offers, as thanks to performances we would be lucky to receive half the money that was shelled out in the first place

Lineker called it right I think, he just doesn’t trust his pace to go past the full back
When he comes inside and burst through his ability to shift both ways makes him very dangerous and those moments are usually his match highlights
He links up really well with Foden as they seem to read each other well but I just don’t think Pep will ever play him in the middle
His touch is great, he doesn’t lose the ball so I don’t see the issue but just feel it will never happen
Unfortunately now the label he’s been given every time he gets it, squares the full back up, jinks a bit then passes back Ake the crowd condemns him even more and lowers his confidence
He’s a wonderful talent and would be a shame if we never saw the best of him

I do feel he should back himself to cut inside and shoot more though

Lineker called it right I think, he just doesn’t trust his pace to go past the full back
When he comes inside and burst through his ability to shift both ways makes him very dangerous and those moments are usually his match highlights
He links up really well with Foden as they seem to read each other well but I just don’t think Pep will ever play him in the middle
His touch is great, he doesn’t lose the ball so I don’t see the issue but just feel it will never happen
Unfortunately now the label he’s been given every time he gets it, squares the full back up, jinks a bit then passes back Ake the crowd condemns him even more and lowers his confidence

Been saying this for a while, when he does come inside he looks really dangerous and you can always trust him on the ball anyway - really strange he hasn't been tried there. Playing in a 3 with Foden, him and KDB makes sense with them all swapping positions all the time, surely..

Therein is the key. The more Grealish attempts to take on his man, the more it becomes a personal battle and, given the space, he'll maybe have success in 30-40% of the carries. The same was true for Mahrez. These guys have been under explicit instruction and have made the team because they follow orders and keep the ball. The moment we start playing Doku/Savio/Haaland/Foden together, we are at a greater risk of turning over possession and having to run up and down the park more. Grealish has been key to us finding balance again this season and will be integral if we are to win more trophies, but that will only happen if we are true to our principles and keep the ball.

I thought Micah's argument was probably more on point. The difference is he's not playing for Villa anymore.

Grealish has got some pace, particularly over longer distances, and could beat people at Villa, because he had room to run into and was up against one defender, who often wouldn't be close to him.

At City, it's almost impossible to beat players in a low block, when they double up against you, and have another row of defenders within yards of the close markers. That game that Grealish used to play at Villa isn't possible at City, but then it isn't likely possible at any team that wins trophies regularly.

Exactly, listening to offers and actually wanting to sell are not the same thing.

Given that Foden just said Jack is the best trainer at the club and Pep appears to be back to starting him in big games, plus he is a valuable asset marketing wise to the club, I doubt the club are keen to move him on.

I think we are in danger of seeing one or all of Bernardo, KDB and Walker leaving this summer and, if that is the case, keeping players like Jack would become even more important.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.