10 years of ADUG

Will always remember 2008/09 , Thaksin on the run , media writing about the impending fire sale , Corluka sold to Spuds , it wasnt looking very clever. Then Sheik Mansour our knight in shining armour came riding to the rescue , and the rest is 'istree.

If (crosses everything) we were to win the CL this year they'll have achieved every goal they set in the original 10 year plan which is pretty remarkable when you think about it. Already shaping up to be a record breaking season and third league title which isn't bad at all considering the starting point.

We should’ve won the Premier League in Pellegrini’s last season but it’s obvious they were pressuring him to win in Europe. As another has said, an unprecedented CL Semi when we’d not even qualified from the group in previous attempts is not to be sniffed at.

The previous two seasons against Barcelona?

Do you still feel a sense of underachievement? Two Premier League titles amongst others is a poor return given the expenditure.

Retaining the title or a Champions League final would’ve been nice. I feel like we’re only getting there now.

No team has retained the league since United in 2009 which is pretty amazing really. I agree we should've given more of a fist of it in 2013 and 2015 and same for the FA Cup in 2013.

But don't forget regularly finishing in the top 4 and getting to a UCL semi-final - not silverware but achievements

I think it is, despite the investment. We've never had this level of consistency in the league in our entire history!

I didn’t mean to sound ungrateful. I just think with the huge amount of money we’ve had invested in us and no stand out quality teams in the league for numerous of years, we’ve slightly underachieved. Only making one semi final in the champions league is poor to. I don’t think you can argue with that.

Champions League is so hard to win though. It's been dominated by Barca and Madrid who have had arguably two of the best players of all time on their books. We're coming to the end of that era now IMO, so the next few years are going to be as good an opportunity to win that competition for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.