11 | Jeremy Doku - 2023/24

His end product needs to improve and he needs to be a bit more careful with possession as he can tend to lose it in dangerous areas that leave us open for a counter.
That said he looked very good for large parts today. Inconsistency is all it’s about right now.
I’m not worried about him going forward. He’ll come good.

Was not his best game but plenty of players had a bad day at the office. He created two great chances that Foden and Haaland mainly fluffed. The worst player on the pitch was our main striker.

He did at least keep running at his man and kept going, and got some good balls into the box.

For some reason Foden didn’t fancy running at Chilwell at all tonight.
TBH I think that the tactic was set up to create space for left for most of the time this game. But Chelsea clearly has a good plan of how to handle this. That is the problem.

Still created plenty of chances despite it not being his best game. End product, final third decision making needs work but he still gives us a great deal of output. Anyone slating him or saying ‘he’s just not very good’ needs to give their head a shake.

His end product needs to improve and he needs to be a bit more careful with possession as he can tend to lose it in dangerous areas that leave us open for a counter.
That said he looked very good for large parts today. Inconsistency is all it’s about right now.
I’m not worried about him going forward. He’ll come good.
I’m in a similar place. He’s young and needs the time to improve his decisiveness.

I think what frustrates more is that he does the hardest part in creating the room to make the pass/shot and then doesn’t seem to know what to do.

Haaland and he need to do some drills to work out what the movement will be and where the pass needs to go. Haaland is quite repetitive in always moving to the far post.

He tracked back fine today.

Not happy to be proven right, but I know I took a lot of stick for not towing the party line with him.

I just don't think he's very good, and his one or two great performances have massively outweighed his actual level.

Unfortunately, today he's taken the position of a Bernardo et Al and we've been found out.
If all it takes is a double team for you to be rendered ineffectual then I'm sorry but you have a long way to go as a winger.

(It's not Jack vs Doku) but I've seen Jack hold off a man and protect the ball like his life depended on it, I've seen him burst a lung running back towards his own goal stopping a counter-attack. He's not great offensively but he's in-sync with the team.

Doku is still an individual playing in a team. He slows down the game too much, never runs in behind, poor defensively, weak shot no end product, just about sold all my stocks in this kid, think Oscar Bobb deserves to start ahead of him.

I’m in a similar place. He’s young and needs the time to improve his decisiveness.

I think what frustrates more is that he does the hardest part in creating the room to make the pass/shot and then doesn’t seem to know what to do.

Haaland and he need to do some drills to work out what the movement will be and where the pass needs to go. Haaland is quite repetitive in always moving to the far post.

He tracked back fine today.
There was a piece of interview Doku's coaches in Belgium back in November (or October?). One said that although the player preferred to play left side but the coach still wanted him to play right.

There is a reason why several coaches formed the same idea i guess. It is much more simpler to cross using your stronger foot.

There was a piece of interview Doku's coaches in Belgium back in November (or October?). One said that although the player preferred to play left side but the coach still wanted him to play right.

There is a reason why several coaches formed the same idea i guess. It is much more simpler to cross using your stronger foot.
True, but he doesn’t cross when he chops back either though. Definite work needs doing on the chemistry of the attacks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.