11 | Jeremy Doku - 2023/24

I have a hot take for you..

Doku's future at City is that of a midfielder. We all know he's very good at beating his man and getting past people on the wing.. but as a winger passing lanes to Haaland are blocked.

But in the middle he can use his talents better. Against Newcastle he had almost Bernardo-esqe ball control where he was able to dribble past people at will. Reminded me of that Bernado dribble where he went through the heart of the Liverpool defense and sat Van Dijk down a few years ago!

Doku's future at City is that of a midfielder. We all know he's very good at beating his man and getting past people on the wing.. but as a winger passing lanes to Haaland are blocked.

But in the middle he can use his talents better. Against Newcastle he had almost Bernardo-esqe ball control where he was able to dribble past people at will. Reminded me of that Bernado dribble where he went through the heart of the Liverpool defense and sat Van Dijk down a few years ago!
I think it worked really well against Newcastle, as a surprise disruptive tactic. They clearly weren't expecting him to play in there.

I don't see him playing that role regularly, at least not for a while. Don't think he has the fitness for it, or the ability to protect the ball reliably.

Pep mentioned as much in a press conference a few weeks back.

Played 2nd half vs Ireland. Same old with him, lots of raw ability, but a lot of simple mistakes. I am still confident he will do well for us, in time. That's what he needs, time with Pep.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.