11 | Jeremy Doku - 2023/24

Very unlike City player, time will tell but he’s a kid in a new team and new country.

Expected to look shaky in a debut but there were glimpses of what he could do. Will take time to adapt, only 21. We have to be patient

I thought he was pretty poor today, to be honest, but there’s not much benefit to digging the lad out. He’s raw and young, two traits we aren’t used to seeing in our first team.

We've signed him. He’ll come good, but it’s going to take quite a bit of patience.

I thought he was pretty poor today, to be honest, but there’s not much benefit to digging the lad out. He’s raw and young, two traits we aren’t used to seeing in our first team.

We've signed him. He’ll come good, but it’s going to take quite a bit of patience.
I didn't think he was poor, but my comment was to the poster who posted bollocks

The only positive from his performance today was that he can take a man on and beat them, unlike grealish.

In his first few games he needs to just do the simple things. Trying to do the fancy trick in the first half when we weren't winning isn't the way to go about things

I love how anyone suggesting it was a pretty underwhelming debut is being slaughtered, when the reality is it was. He has a lot of promise, but I don't think his attributes, as they are now, will be suited to our game.

Thankfully he's got the best manager in the world working with him, so I'm confident he'll adapt.

I love how anyone suggesting it was a pretty underwhelming debut is being slaughtered, when the reality is it was. He has a lot of promise, but I don't think his attributes, as they are now, will be suited to our game.

Thankfully he's got the best manager in the world working with him, so I'm confident he'll adapt.

Its your opinion and you are entitled to it obviously.

Bearing in mind the time he has been at the club and trying to acclimatise to the new set up etc, were you expecting a world class performance ?

It is the expectations and impatience of some posters which always disappoints, but sadly are all too frequent on here.

Yes, let us just kick Doku out and bring back the world beaters Cancelo and Palmer. As a reminder, it was the FIRST game for a 21 year old kid, and he was a starter, in a new city and new life. Importantly, with a team that just won everything and currently is the best team in the entire world. Loads of pressure. What should we expect? He is no Maradona, Pele or Messi. He is fucking Doku, so just give him a deserved chance. Same knee-jerk reactions to some of the new players who, for some unknown reasons, don’t appeal to our experts on BM? That is one reason I am always grateful that this club is not run by our BM experts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.