11 | Jeremy Doku - 2023/24

Should never be back defending corners still get flashbacks of him trying to defend over the top bouncing ball vs Son.
This is a fair comment. I think if he is on the pitch he probably should be standing on the halfway line at corners. Would probably have a bigger positive impact on defending them than if he was in the box, as every team would have to keep two players back to make sure he didn’t get a free run on goal from a clearance and he is actually decent at least holding up the ball for a touch or two when the ball is fired out to him, allowing use to get out (and even potentially creating an overload counter).

Decent cameo from the lad but very lucky at the end. Don’t think we could have complained if the penalty had been given.

There must be some instruction from Pep for Doku to play safe all of the time. The difference in the way he’s played recently to when he first joined is crazy. It was even more noticeable by the way Diaz played for Liverpool, full of pace, energy and direct. That’s how Doku started for us.

Then again, the same can be said for Grealish.

Thought he was very bright when he came on, setting up a number of half chances and hitting the post with a great effort.

The less said about his defending, however, the better, but I don't think it should have been a penalty.

Jeremy seems a really nice guy who gets on with his teammates, maybe a little shy / timid in fact which shows a bit too much on the pitch at times.

His effort hitting the post was decent but unfortunately that nearly-pen highlighted his poor defensive side of the game a bit too much. I think he knows it’s an area he needs to work on but he was lucky there that Dipper VAR were caught sleeping at the monitor.

He also probably looked better than some of the other attacking players as they collectively put in a shocker today. But no way would I have Doku playing against Arsenal. Hoping Grealish is back for that, and the next UCL round.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.