11 | Jeremy Doku - 2023/24

Pep can tactically improve Doku but things like his touch and technique can't improve any further. He is still worth keeping as we do need that variety in our team.

At this moment, at his age, what can he do more/better or what do we expect from him? Perfection? I think his final touch (assist/shot) is already pretty good these last games. To attack defenses like that is a risky business, if he can break 'm up a few times, I think it is already great. He will not always succeed and lose the ball, it is part of how he plays football.
Improving his final action and stamina mostly.

His ceiling will be defined by consistency in choosing the right option after sitting his full back down.

He has been far better in these past few weeks. Let’s see how far this improving curve can go!

Pep can tactically improve Doku but things like his touch and technique can't improve any further. He is still worth keeping as we do need that variety in our team.
I really don't understand this criticism of his touch. It's pretty much bang on every time. I watched him like a hawk at Wembley and I don't think he made one wrong one.

I really don't understand this criticism of his touch. It's pretty much bang on every time. I watched him like a hawk at Wembley and I don't think he made one wrong one.
It’s not Mahrez-esque, but good enough generally as even if he doesn’t trap it totally, he can start his dribble off from it.

There have plenty of times where it did look inconsistent and needs work on but if it was really bad then he wouldn't of been considered

His first touch could be better but that is something that can definitely be worked on. You can’t teach the burst of pace and the balance he has when dropping his shoulder and flying past a fullback. You can work on control though. Yes he won’t become Mahrez but consistently having balls pinged at him he can improve his touch. He can also work on his technique when it comes to shooting. Case in point Sterling. Yes he was never gonna become ice cool in front of goal and a lot of his goals were down to his movement becoming so good. He definitely started to strike a ball much cleaner though after a couple of years under Pep.

For the the only thing he needs to improve is when to try and run through a brick wall and when not too. That move hardly ever pays off for him and we mostly lose possession. Going on the outside is his strength and he has been excellent these last few weeks. Really injected life into the Madrid and Chelsea game when we were struggling to find a way.

His first touch could be better but that is something that can definitely be worked on. You can’t teach the burst of pace and the balance he has when dropping his shoulder and flying past a fullback. You can work on control though. Yes he won’t become Mahrez but consistently having balls pinged at him he can improve his touch. He can also work on his technique when it comes to shooting. Case in point Sterling. Yes he was never gonna become ice cool in front of goal and a lot of his goals were down to his movement becoming so good. He definitely started to strike a ball much cleaner though after a couple of years under Pep.
Still can't really improve that much and what we are seeing his best which is still a little inconsisitent and it still a physical attribute.

Last edited:
Improving his final action and stamina mostly.

His ceiling will be defined by consistency in choosing the right option after sitting his full back down.

He has been far better in these past few weeks. Let’s see how far this improving curve can go!
Agree. I also think learning when and when no to go at the defence. He has 'take on' as a default setting but sometimes they double up on him and its low percentage plus this means another player is free. He's getting better though.

He's been a breath of fresh air his last few sub appearances.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.