13 Years Ago Today City 1 Rags 0 FA Cup Semi Final Wembley

Thanks to someone who was on here, but is no longer with us, unfortunately, I was able to be there. Up in the gods, behind the top left corner of the big screen. What a day. From memory, it wasn't looking clever early on. They were giving us a bit of a chasing. Didn't Berbatov miss an absolute sitter? But as the first half went on, we started to get to grips with them. And in the second half, we were the better side. Our end went ballistic when Yaya scored (great assist by Carrick). I don't think anyone could have predicted how the next 13 years would have turned out.

Unreal on there… never forget the 2 rags in a convertible bmw (roof down) got stuck in traffic when all hell broke loose and what seemed like a hundred blues drenched them with skol.
I think they were 2 Asian lads.

A rag I 'know' told me they were amazed by the sheer no of City fans on the Mways and approaches to Wembley.

They hardly saw any other rags until they got near W Way.

Their coach got pelted with bottles when it was stopped just before the roundabout when a City fan rolled an industrial waste bin in front of it.

A great,memorable and symbolic day.

This is one a few days I wish I could do all over again.

Brilliant time on the ferry.
The beer.
Train to shithole London.
The nerves creeping in.
Usual prematch full English breaky.
The growing nerves.
Sky blue sky.
The Greeman.
The beer.
The joy.
The many friends.
The singing.
Walking up to Wembley.
The returning of the nerves.
Wembley since 1981.
Entering the stadium.
Blue and white.
So fck proud.
The Poznan.
The nerves.
No nails left.
Taking control of the game.
The growing confidence.
The togetherness in the stands.
The wee.
Ugly City wankers in the toilets.
Half time beers.
2nd half control.
Anger for not finishing off these twats.
Yaya.
The explosion of noise I.
The joy.
The celebrations.
Cityfans.
The songs.
The confidence drifting again.
Swearing at Scoles.
The joy him walking off.
The nerves.
The wee.
The last few minutes.
The fck nerves.
Fck extra time.
Still the fck wee.
The swearing.
The final whistle.
The explosion of noise II.
Defending Balotelli.
Rags doing the firedrill.
The joy.
The hugging.
Lifting the cup.
The tears.
The proudness.
The joy.
The celebrations by the players.
The joy.
Leaving Wembley a proud blue.
The Greenman again.
Getting a wee at last.
The joy.
The beer.
The singing.
Being wasted.
Wondering how I got to the hotel.
In bed.
Knackered.
Proudly crying of joy.
Asleep with my Mancini scarve.
Nobody pulls a nice face when they wank

I think they were 2 Asian lads.

A rag I 'know' told me they were amazed by the sheer no of City fans on the Mways and approaches to Wembley.

They hardly saw any other rags until they got near W Way.

Their coach got pelted with bottles when it was stopped just before the roundabout when a City fan rolled an industrial waste bin in front of it.

A great,memorable and symbolic day.
Yeah, it must have ruined their car. Vaguely remember him opening the door and beer spilling out :)

99% Blues all the way down from Manchester, first time in The Green Man, Massive Poznan for their team announcement, Yaya scoring end ending up on my back about five rows infront, singing ‘you only live round the corner’ as their end emptied, the joys to reunite with the lads off our minibus and the celebratory singing and drinking all the way home. If Carlsberg did semi finals!

Flew back from China for this, very disgruntled when they wouldn’t let me in the Green Man cos it was “full”. Managed to blag my way in on the coat tails of a coach driver, bag of nerves all game, never felt so content sat in the hotel bar later watching it on MoTD

99% Blues all the way down from Manchester, first time in The Green Man, Massive Poznan for their team announcement, Yaya scoring end ending up on my back about five rows infront, singing ‘you only live round the corner’ as their end emptied, the joys to reunite with the lads off our minibus and the celebratory singing and drinking all the way home. If Carlsberg did semi finals!
My first visit to the Green Man that day… Sensational.. a day I’ll never forget

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.