#14 | Aymeric Laporte - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s everyone’s honest opinion if Laporte ? I was a massive fan of Laporte and when stones came back into the fold I was dismissive of it thinking that Laporte should be in the team but I got it wrong big style because he has not kicked on and just seems to be negative and looking for a move away and his performances have been not upto much of late . If we we’re to get rid and spend elsewhere I wouldn’t be that pissed off .

What’s everyone’s honest opinion if Laporte ? I was a massive fan of Laporte and when stones came back into the fold I was dismissive of it thinking that Laporte should be in the team but I got it wrong big style because he has not kicked on and just seems to be negative and looking for a move away and his performances have been not upto much of late . If we we’re to get rid and spend elsewhere I wouldn’t be that pissed off .
Laporte is class - I'd hate to see him go.

Stones has mostly put his lapse of concentration performances behind him. And Dias is the best player in the P/L.

But things change - maybe Stones has a temporary relapse; maybe Dias experiences a downturn in form. Or maybe one of them is injured. Laporte as an option would be huge.
===
Off the top of my head - out-of-the-box thinking - might we go with a back 3 at times to keep all 3 of our world-class center backs happy?

What’s everyone’s honest opinion if Laporte ?
Laporte was great in the team before his ACL injury and from memory a lot of fans were saying he should be captain of the team.

Then his injury came and after getting fit again to play, his usual standard had dropped. Dias arrived and formed a good partnership with Stones. When Laporte got the odd opportunities he still looked out of sorts. I found his positioning looked odd in games. Now playing for Spain he looks like he has got his mojo back. I hope he stays as he is top quality.

My only concern is at the beginning of the season just passed the players voted for the club/ team captains and apparently 5 players shared the captaincy. Laporte was not among them so what does that say about his relationship with his teammates? Especially since us fans were thinking he was future captain material prior to his injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.