14th August 2004

Wienerwald

First game of what would be Keegan’s last season & 1-1 draw with Fulham.
It was also the birthday of this now Man who turns 18 today & I was feeling guilty that I was opening the door of a lifetime of disappointment & unfulfilled hope supporting the team his great-grandfather had also supported.
18 years later & we sit proudly atop the highest division after ‘four in five’ & the Scum languish at the bottom in total mediocrity & malcontent.
What a time to be a Blue - Happy Birthday my Man & a shame there are so many Blues (great-grandfather included) who aren’t around to share this.

Attachments

• 5307ED4B-AF1A-459F-8975-DB52D2E98C7D.jpeg
    5307ED4B-AF1A-459F-8975-DB52D2E98C7D.jpeg
    756.6 KB · Views: 77
Remember that game like it was yesterday. First time I was at the Etihad or COMS as I think it was then. My father in law a Fulham fan had got us away tickets and I sat with the Fulham fans a truly strange experience. I think their are few more low key visitors so little hostility on either side. Yes I thought things would never get better, little did I know what was seven years down the line and the start of our greatest ever era. Hated the move from Maine Rd and thought the new stadium a soulless concrete bowl set in a hostile area Clayton being a rag stronghold. Warmed to the place over the years but still prefer Maine Rd.

Funny my daughter was born the day before that game. The wife has still never forgiven me for going on having given birth by cesarian!!

Remember that game like it was yesterday. First time I was at the Etihad or COMS as I think it was then. My father in law a Fulham fan had got us away tickets and I sat with the Fulham fans a truly strange experience. I think their are few more low key visitors so little hostility on either side. Yes I thought things would never get better, little did I know what was seven years down the line and the start of our greatest ever era. Hated the move from Maine Rd and thought the new stadium a soulless concrete bowl set in a hostile area Clayton being a rag stronghold. Warmed to the place over the years but still prefer Maine Rd.
Nice to remind some of the moaners & doom-mongers just how far we have come. Truly a great time to be a Blue.

Funny enough still sits there in my loyalty point section after all these years was my first game at the CoMS. Only remember that we drew 1-1. Can't remember anything else. I was 13 then Screenshot_20220815-180924_Chrome.jpg

First game of what would be Keegan’s last season & 1-1 draw with Fulham.
It was also the birthday of this now Man who turns 18 today & I was feeling guilty that I was opening the door of a lifetime of disappointment & unfulfilled hope supporting the team his great-grandfather had also supported.
18 years later & we sit proudly atop the highest division after ‘four in five’ & the Scum languish at the bottom in total mediocrity & malcontent.
What a time to be a Blue - Happy Birthday my Man & a shame there are so many Blues (great-grandfather included) who aren’t around to share this.
How we all felt back then -the notion of us actually winning anything at that time I for one never entertained for a minute. Actually getting past a Quarter Final after 8 successive failures was the dream.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.