15/16 financial results - £20.5m profit announced

The Glazers have done a good job for themselves and nothing for United. Pretty sure the Glazers have essentially destroyed value over at the Swamp but will profit from having acquired a cash cow.

Yeah they have held united back on the field and the longer they own it he better. However depends what they do once they owe nowt and sell it to a Japan or something daft, as nowadays there are very few billionaires whose money would touch the sides.

Putting United aside that was one of the best business deals ever by Glazer, they could be free of debt in 5 years and the assets worth multiple times what hey acquired it for.

Dont think the Glazers put a penny in all loans

Winning the Champions League for revenue growth is very important, for example we get to demand more from the kit deal, Etihad deal and training kit sponsor (if we want one) and more from the smaller partnerships as well + CL win would also mean bigger fan base. Looking at our increase in commercial revenue, it does look like we are now struggling slightly in that department. 2014/15 figures was also small growth in commercial. We need to be winning the PL more often and get to the latter stages of CL consistently.

I wonder why we haven't got training kit sponsor? That could be extra £10m-£15m revenue.

Winning the Champions League for revenue growth is very important, for example we get to demand more from the kit deal, Etihad deal and training kit sponsor (if we want one) and more from the smaller partnerships as well + CL win would also mean bigger fan base. Looking at our increase in commercial revenue, it does look like we are now struggling slightly in that department. 2014/15 figures was also small growth in commercial. We need to be winning the PL more often and get to the latter stages of CL consistently.

I wonder why we haven't got training kit sponsor? That could be extra £10m-£15m revenue.

I think we're happy to wait to re-do our deals with Nike, Etihad etc.

The longer we leave it to renew, the bigger the prize will be.

Under Pep we'll be worth a lot more to partners in 2-3 years than we were last year or even now.

They already have a profit. Or do you mean "when will they sell the club to realise the profit?"

Buy a house ten years ago for £60k, spend £40k doing it up, get it surveyed at a value of £200k whilst renting it out for £600 a month and you're "in profit". You won't realise that profit until you sell it though.

They will never return a profit until they sell the club though as I don't believe they will be taking cash out of the club. At present it is always reinvested.
Yeah, the club is profitable but I meant what you address in your last sentence. I expected ADUG would take cash out of the club once it makes more money than is deemed necessary for reinvestment each year as I've never got the feeling they would look to sell before they've done that for a bit (e.g. taking out £5m or whatever increasing for x number of years until it surpasses the £1bn or more they invested to the point of at least MCFC being self-funding). I don't know whether the Chinese now owning a percentage would still make that option available to them though, since I don't know whether taking reserve funds out would devalue the club (and the Chinese investment) at all?

When I asked that first question, I wasn't thinking about where the money from the China deal went - I'm a bit sleepy here so might be asking stupid questions but would that have gone into CFG as an investment or into ADUG's pockets as in selling off shares?

Yeah, the club is profitable but I meant what you address in your last sentence. I expected ADUG would take cash out of the club once it makes more money than is deemed necessary for reinvestment each year as I've never got the feeling they would look to sell before they've done that for a bit (e.g. taking out £5m or whatever increasing for x number of years until it surpasses the £1bn or more they invested to the point of at least MCFC being self-funding). I don't know whether the Chinese now owning a percentage would still make that option available to them though, since I don't know whether taking reserve funds out would devalue the club (and the Chinese investment) at all?

When I asked that first question, I wasn't thinking about where the money from the China deal went - I'm a bit sleepy here so might be asking stupid questions but would that have gone into CFG as an investment or into ADUG's pockets as in selling off shares?

I would assume the shareholders would get paid a dividend when appropriate.

So we spend circa £150 mil on KDB and sterling etc and we still turn a profit. That's quite impressive. Our growth since 2012 has been quite staggering really. I know all the deals are dodgy and our accountants are great at fiddling the books but it all makes for pleasant reading. Wonder when his highness will get bored and take his oil money with him :-)
just think how much it will be once we get a new kit /training kit and stadium deal

The Glazers have done a good job for themselves and nothing for United. Pretty sure the Glazers have essentially destroyed value over at the Swamp but will profit from having acquired a cash cow.
Maybe they devalued the club by adding so much debt to it but other than that hasn't the club's value increased a lot under the Glazers? In terms of their revenue (e.g. through new sponsorships) and such?

Sometimes when i look back at it, i think may be ffp was a good thing for us, although those who planned it might not have seen that way but i think we have benefited from it in the long run. 11% increase from last year speaks volumes and that is with quiet frankly a mediocre kit deal. where do we stand in with pl rivals with 20.5 profit?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.