16 Magpies!

deafmanstevo said:
Its a myth that Magpies kill all the songbirds , if it was true they would be no songbirds at all.

Cats kill more songbirds than Magpies and Birds of Prey put together.
And no i dont hate cats or suggest a cull on cats, besides my mum would have something to say about that.

what about all the pesticides people use in gardens too, songbirds eat the contaminated seeds and insects.
And millions of songbirds get slaughtered every year in places like Italy,Greece and Cyprus.

Ive Birdwatched with my dad in places where its been overrun with Magpies and there have also loads of songbirds too,which blows that thoery out of the water.

Many of the larger Birds of Prey that prey on Magpies such as Goshawks have been persecuted in England so Magpies dont have many natural predators in Britain.

That said Magpies do predate some songbirds nests but its very over the top to suggest they are solely responsible for the decline on songbirds.

Cats, squirrels, crows, woodpeckers, sparrowhawks, weasels stoats foxes , all prey on songbirds at some time. Thats nature .

Kill cats I say
They were thought to kill 27 million birds pa in the UK. That figure is now thought to be hugely underestimated and it could be 2 or 3 times that
And cats dont have natural predators in this country. Except cars

BWTAC said:
Bastard, I counted 12 on the roof of my daughters school last week and thought it was some kind of record.
16 magpies today, 12 last week, spooky, does Alfred Hitchcock know about this, Tippi Hedren will be weeing her kecks....over 40s only

2sheikhs said:
I did a thread on those twats a while back suggesting a cull on them because they're bullying bastards who are killing all the songbirds.
I was roundly condemned. It didn't change my mind. They are twats.

You have my support. Murdering bastards. Kill the the twats.

-- Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:00 pm --

Pieblue said:
Tuearts right boot said:
The Honey Badger of the skies. Shot one once when I was younger and then wrung its neck to make sure then put it in a bin.Couple of hours later it was walking up the drive all fucking cock sure of itself.Had nightmares for nearlly a week afterwards.

A Zombie Magpie!

Or another Magpie..

Just a thought.......

deafmanstevo said:
Its a myth that Magpies kill all the songbirds , if it was true they would be no songbirds at all.

Cats kill more songbirds than Magpies and Birds of Prey put together.
And no i dont hate cats or suggest a cull on cats, besides my mum would have something to say about that.

what about all the pesticides people use in gardens too, songbirds eat the contaminated seeds and insects.
And millions of songbirds get slaughtered every year in places like Italy,Greece and Cyprus.

Ive Birdwatched with my dad in places where its been overrun with Magpies and there have also loads of songbirds too,which blows that thoery out of the water.

Many of the larger Birds of Prey that prey on Magpies such as Goshawks have been persecuted in England so Magpies dont have many natural predators in Britain.

That said Magpies do predate some songbirds nests but its very over the top to suggest they are solely responsible for the decline on songbirds.

Cats, squirrels, crows, woodpeckers, sparrowhawks, weasels stoats foxes , all prey on songbirds at some time. Thats nature .

spot on. kestrels,merlins,jays,rats.little owls take their fair share too...typical human reaction-let the lovely grey squirrel flourish with its bushy tale,,but kill the nasty magpie...ffs!

we have a big back yard and about 10 magpies live in it, they just walk around most of the day, sometimes they roll about in the grass, I never used to like them but Ive grown very attached to these, they have great playful characters and are actually quite funny sometimes when they start playing, one good thing they seem to have done is to see off the fucking horrible noisy bastard crows that lived here

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.