16 Points - Sense of Perspective

AshtonBlueMooner

Clearly we all wanted to win yesterday, like we've wanted to win every game this season. It hurts like hell because we have lost the derby but think back to when we beat them at Old Trafford, it was nice but it didn't feel like the 5-1 or the 6-1 or even the Shaun Goater 3-1. You know the reason why, because they are nowhere near us, not a patch on us, this was their Cup Final. We are 13 points in front of them. 13 points. We have played the most sublime football all season and two defeats is tainting a whole season for some of you. So look at the games we have left, wait for us to mathematically win it and then savour the whole season, not 180 minutes when we haven't got the results we all wanted. We're not entitled to anything, next season is going to be even tougher, so enjoy the 13 points, get back behind the boys and the manager and let's cheer them on through the finishing line.......and hopefully we might get something Tuesday too, but if not, I'll still be there cheering the lads on as we look to break some records along the way. CTID.

Everything we've been good at all season has let us down badly in the last two games, no idea why and as much as we all desperately wanted to seal the title against that lot, when it's the last game of the season and Vinny is lifting yet another trophy, and we're all celebrating into the night, none of us will give a fuck who we won it against.

It still hurts regardless. I was gutted last night and am gutted today. When was the last time we beat them at home?

We fucked up Wednesday and we fucked up yesterday.

I went from joy to pain in the space of 90 mins yesterday and it wasn’t pleasant.

Theres no explaining it. We were shit. No ones fault but the players. We have watched what they are capable of all season and we know when they are throwing it away. How is pep supposed to predict when they will just mentally shut down.

I remember when we went to Old Trafford when United were a shoe in for the title in Ferguson's final season. I loved Aguero scoring the winner against them. Made me feel better for a short while. Ultimately United won the title and that's what everyone remembers, not us beating United in Fergie's last derby.

I'm a glass half full person. The glass has been overflowing this season. OK we've spilt a bit but by the end of the season it will be almost full again.

Gutted and in slight shock yesterday but a logical fan has surely got to look at the bigger picture......woke up this morning with the realisation that they’ve stopped us winning the league against them BIG FUCKING DEAL !!! We were 2 up SO FUCKING WHAT !!!
That 1st half showed me the difference in the two teams....2nd half more even but we still made chances.....
When I was a kid all I had was beating them on derby day and then watching them win the league.....well look at what they’ve got now!!
They’ll rub our noses in it and I don’t blame them!! I used to do the same!!
But we have to put into perspective where we are now and what we’ve become.....anyone who beats us is winning their cup final.
Chin up guys we’ve got a league to win yet and who knows a champions league semi.....
Big game now Tuesday for city,Liverpool and united fans alike :-)

Fuck the 6-1 5-1 3-1 we should of been 5 up by half time yesterday but complacency crept in,something guardiola said wouldn’t happen with is team im absolutely pissed right off ffs.

Gutted and in slight shock yesterday but a logical fan has surely got to look at the bigger picture......woke up this morning with the realisation that they’ve stopped us winning the league against them BIG FUCKING DEAL !!! We were 2 up SO FUCKING WHAT !!!
That 1st half showed me the difference in the two teams....2nd half more even but we still made chances.....
When I was a kid all I had was beating them on derby day and then watching them win the league.....well look at what they’ve got now!!
They’ll rub our noses in it and I don’t blame them!! I used to do the same!!
But we have to put into perspective where we are now and what we’ve become.....anyone who beats us is winning their cup final.
Chin up guys we’ve got a league to win yet and who knows a champions league semi.....
Big game now Tuesday for city,Liverpool and united fans alike :-)

My chins up.....but by feck I feel sick to the pit of my stomach.

History in perpetuity beckoned & we threw it away AGAIN

I've got the big picture but it doesn't stop me feeling SICK !!

Agreed OP. Remember the 12/13 season when they Van Persie'd their way to the title? We beat them at Old Trafford and it felt great, but at the end of the season that was just one game and it was pretty quickly forgotten about in the grand scheme of things. In May, they were the ones singing and dancing and lifting the title, enjoying the title of "Champions" in every game they played for the following 12 months.

This is the same thing. It hurts. It really hurts. It was gutting to lose to them yesterday, but while they can spend a few days celebrating a derby win, we'll soon be celebrating an entire year as Premier League Champions. I know which camp I'd rather be in.

Clearly we all wanted to win yesterday, like we've wanted to win every game this season. It hurts like hell because we have lost the derby but think back to when we beat them at Old Trafford, it was nice but it didn't feel like the 5-1 or the 6-1 or even the Shaun Goater 3-1. You know the reason why, because they are nowhere near us, not a patch on us, this was their Cup Final. We are 13 points in front of them. 13 points. We have played the most sublime football all season and two defeats is tainting a whole season for some of you. So look at the games we have left, wait for us to mathematically win it and then savour the whole season, not 180 minutes when we haven't got the results we all wanted. We're not entitled to anything, next season is going to be even tougher, so enjoy the 13 points, get back behind the boys and the manager and let's cheer them on through the finishing line.......and hopefully we might get something Tuesday too, but if not, I'll still be there cheering the lads on as we look to break some records along the way. CTID.

Pep would never have dropped some of his best players in a title winning match against Madrid.

Winning the title away to West Ham will not remotely be as good as winning the title at home to Utd.

We've had a good season but now limping over the line when it matters.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.