16 | Rodri - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really tough game for him to play in.

I don't know how visible it was on the TV but in the stadium it was really noticeable how empty the midfield was, there were massive gaps in the centre of the field.

Brighton basically went man for man and it turned into 5v5 at either end of the pitch, with nobody in the middle of the park.

It meant Rodri had to keep drifting (particularly out wide) to pick up a man.

I thought Brighton's system was quite creative.

He kicked the ball at pep yesterday in the first half when he was arguing with him

Noticed that. It stemmed from a free kick that he played short to KDB who then fucked up a pass to Akanji and caused a bit of bother.

Pep bollocked Rodri telling him to clear it upfield instead of messing about with a short free kick who then argued back. While doing that, he showed for the throw-in and absolutely battered it on the volley right into touch, near the dug out.

Made me laugh, though, because Pep did his fuming walk and stare while Rodri just stared back at him.

Noticed that. It stemmed from a free kick that he played short to KDB who then fucked up a pass to Akanji and caused a bit of bother.

Pep bollocked Rodri telling him to clear it upfield instead of messing about with a short free kick who then argued back. While doing that, he showed for the throw-in and absolutely battered it on the volley right into touch, near the dug out.

Made me laugh, though, because Pep did his fuming walk and stare while Rodri just stared back at him.
That is exactly what happened

On a few occasions recently, he has played some passes blind that have left us vulnerable at the back.

I do love his attitude. Runs himself to a standstill. The sooner we can get Phillips fit, the better. Maybe Pep needs to start benching him in games when we have a comfortable lead.

This
Instead of a pass for a free De Bruyne / Cancelo ، he - as usual - made a negative pass for Akanji
So pep and De bruyne were very angry of him
1666947723583.png
1666947443409.png
1666947748248.png

This
Instead of a pass for a free De Bruyne / Cancelo ، he - as usual - made a negative pass for Akanji
So pep and De bruyne were very angry of him
View attachment 59352
View attachment 59351
View attachment 59354

This is one of the worst attributes of Rodri. His "negative" passes are making it very difficult for the team to build up from the back
Who is supposed to pass the ball forward if the DM is not able to do so?
Rodri must improve his vision and takes more risk while passing. If he can't pass the ball forward without losing it, then I think we need a better DM
I have to say that fatigue could be affecting his performance as well, and Pep needs to rest him. His concentration is getting worse and now he is even missing the simple negative passes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.