16 | Rodri - 2023/24

Still remember when we signed him,the press were sneering at the price paid for a relative unknown centre mid " who doesn't score often"
The Istanbul Side foot has gone down in history.
Really pleased Godri got the goal to seal the treble,reward for all his unseen hard work deep in centre midfield.
Brilliant goal,fantastic player.

The second best central midfielder in the world (behind Bellingham), according to ESPN's 2023 "FC 100". Seriously? Ignoring the fact that he's not what I'd class as a CM, how is he behind Bellingham? Yes; Bellingham is a very good player, and yes, I'm biased. But I honestly can't see how he's ahead of Rodri.

The second best central midfielder in the world (behind Bellingham), according to ESPN's 2023 "FC 100". Seriously? Ignoring the fact that he's not what I'd class as a CM, how is he behind Bellingham? Yes; Bellingham is a very good player, and yes, I'm biased. But I honestly can't see how he's ahead of Rodri.
I can't see how Bellingham is ahead of quite a few guys on the list. These lists are biased as hell. Vinicius is not in the top 10 of wingers. Also, no John Stones anywhere. I wouldn't read too much into it.

Last edited:
It’s a popularity contest winners list, not a real ranking based on talent and achievement.

Bellingham wouldn’t be ahead any of our midfielders barring Phillips based on a real assessment, much less some of the other players below him on that list.

He’s a great player but has achieved literally nothing thus far in his career. The only reason he is ranked so high is because he is the media’s English golden boy that just moved to the European golden boys.

Rodri is twice the player he is at present, and anyone with a half a footballing brain knows it.

I imagine even Bellingham would acknowledge that if pressed.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.