18/19 home and away kits ?

If I were nexens md I'd be pissed if I learned the company paid good money for a sponsorship deal and the recipient is now asking its 'customers' to pay extra to add my firms name to an item I believe I'm already sponsoring.

We're talking about replica shirts, is the clue not in the word replica?

my reasoning of it ... is that there one sleeve will have 1 PL badge and the other will just have the sleeve sponsor if the club has one. if not they both sleeves would adorn a PL badge.

came to this conclusion due to Adidas kits and the 3 stripes on the sleeves. if there are 2 on each sleeve then thats a problem for them which they wouldnt be happy about. I know they have changed they stripes to the side of the shirts maybe to accommodate this from now on, but the 3 stripes on the stripes on the sleeves is iconic and as important as they logo in many ways.

and going off the German teams, they have the bundesliga badge on one sleeve and a sleeve sponsor on the other, for example Borussia Dortmund has Hermes (Couriers, not an STD) on their left sleeve.

The FA are very strict on the regulations for kit logos and advertising, they even have a handbook about it. maybe the 2017/18 handbook will dictate about the sleeve sponsor rules?

The FA Kit and Advertising Regulations 2.2MB (PDF)

Last edited:
Are clubs allowed to have their own numbers next year - and not have to use standard PL ones? Seem to recall an online poll on the City site looking at what style of numbers we should have on our shirts. Can anyone clarify?

Are clubs allowed to have their own numbers next year - and not have to use standard PL ones? Seem to recall an online poll on the City site looking at what style of numbers we should have on our shirts. Can anyone clarify?

i think that was is for Cup and Europe games and the Women's team. like we had this year with the Gotham/Monserrat typeface.

Anyone expecting an announcement of some description to tie in with the kit release? A separate preseason tour or a new player (wishful thinking perhaps).

Just seems like a random day to do it otherwise....

If I were nexens md I'd be pissed if I learned the company paid good money for a sponsorship deal and the recipient is now asking its 'customers' to pay extra to add my firms name to an item I believe I'm already sponsoring.

We're talking about replica shirts, is the clue not in the word replica?

I remember having to pay extra to have Brother on my shirt in 87/88 and 89/90 mail order from the souvenir shop! The good olds days ;)

It looks very raggy their new one. Rag red not dipper red.

reminds me of the late 70's/early 80's dipper red kits

1984_4fdf58d6689a0495477058.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.