18 | Stefan Ortega - 2023/24

Few great saves v Arsenal, always reliable when he comes in.

Sam Lee (I know) mentioned in his podcast after the Arsenal game, he was told earlier in the summer that Pep really likes him / if Ederson didn't have such a big end to the season, Ortega could have been the first choice at the start of the season.

Manchester City midfielder Rodri has revealed how team-mate Stefan Ortega played an unexpected role in his goal against Crvena Zvezda on Tuesday.

“I remember Stefan [Ortega], at half time, he told me the goalkeeper [Omri Glazer] was paying attention always in the air, and that he wasn’t down and to the sides of the goal. So I shot there – it was good advice!”

Well done Stefan - great contribution to the win.

The fact that no one has said anything about this lad last night may or may not tell a story.

I think he's an excellent backup keeper. He's also really good with his feet and can pick a decent pass. He made couple of saves last night and couldn't do anything about the goal.

Looks a great keeper to be honest and he makes me feel secure when he's in between the sticks.

Worst we've seen from him in terms of distribution today. Was all over the shop and just highlights how much ederson gives us. We are comparing him to the best though. He is still a very capable stand in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.