1894group displays 2014-15

ALBY ALBY ALBY said:
Firstly, great effort by all at 1894 and much appreciated.

Not sure if anything's been posted in the FFP thread (and I ain't reading 850+ pages to find out) but how about some sort of protest against uefa for our next cl home game.

Obviously the club won't support any suggestions, but i'm sure cleverer people than me could come up with some ideas that tap into out unique subtle manc humour, whilst still letting the viewing public and press what we think whilst flicking a big up yours towards platini - i'd happily donate to that !!!

+1

going off various forums looks like a lot of City fans a bit disappointed we aren't fighting it.

if anything it will bring the support closer together than ever. a siege mentality. what better way to stick it up uefa than to win it again next season with a similar squad. we can roar them on at home games and make it an objective for the new season

Push and push the club to make block 115 (when the away fans are moved) as an unreserved seating block. With seats obviously, and as a group we should move into this block and group up, would be so much better as, Dante and his lot are at the back of 116, my group are right next to the away fans, there's a few groups dotted about at the front of 116, if we could all come together, songs would be song at thr same time. One song at a time etc, louder aswell.this is something that really needs to be pushed. If you mither the club enough they will come up with some sort of resolution, even if they make 3 rows unreserved or something, its a start.

look at all the European groups, or even the likes of palace or Celtic etc, they all have their own sections. I know palace got theirs due to attendance figures etc, but still, we really need one of these and there is no better time than now when we are expanding and this new block will be available

If you struggle to earn funds you could always try and sell "fan made" City merchandise.

Thats how a lot of groups generate their regular income in Germany.

The majority of fans at my own club rarely buy official merchandise as it is expensive and looks crap as well. Most of the stuff done by the Ultras or similar groups looks better, is cheaper and has a better quality as well. I think the only official merchandise I have is a scarf, but other than that....

The whole thing is pretty big in Frankfurt and one of the guys doing this got his own shop since years in one of the biggest shopping areas downtown.

Here you can see what the "inofficial" merchandise can look like: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.fanhouse-frankfurt.de/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fanhouse-frankfurt.de/</a>

As someone mentioned already the "Charming man" would for sure sell like mad.

Get it printed on a blue T-Shirt, have something like the 1894 logo on it as well and sell it on match days.
Its relatively cheap to make and if you sell it with something like a 5$ gain you will have a nice income and I am pretty sure there is a huge demand for it, seeing the reactions towards the banner.

Just need to make sure that you don´t use the official club logo as this might get you into trouble with City (unless you checked with the club before and they are fine with it. However I doubt they are).

Other than that you can make banners and even displays a lot cheaper if you don´t just buy them (for whatever reason the whole buying banners thing seems to be the norm in England?), but paint them yourself.

Get an overhead projector and even if you are not an artist you can get some stunning work done. Cheaper, looks good and its something you can be proud off as you didnt just buy it.

Good luck with everything!
Keep doing what you are doing and don´t let others talk you down. Rome wasn´t built on a day, right? :)

Bembeltown said:
If you struggle to earn funds you could always try and sell "fan made" City merchandise.

The majority of fans at my own club rarely buy official merchandise as it is expensive and looks crap as well. Most of the stuff done by the Ultras or similar groups looks better, is cheaper and has a better quality as well. I think the only official merchandise I have is a scarf, but other than that....

The whole thing is pretty big in Frankfurt and one of the guys doing this got his own shop since years in one of the biggest shopping areas downtown.

Here you can see what the "inofficial" merchandise can look like: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.fanhouse-frankfurt.de/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fanhouse-frankfurt.de/</a>

Get it printed on a blue T-Shirt, have something like the 1894 logo on it as well and sell it on match days.
Its relatively cheap to make and if you sell it with something like a 5$ gain you will have a nice income and I am pretty sure there is a huge demand for it, seeing the reactions towards the banner.

Just need to make sure that you don´t use the official club logo as this might get you into trouble with City (unless you checked with the club before and they are fine with it. However I doubt they are).

Other than that you can make banners and even displays a lot cheaper if you don´t just buy them (for whatever reason the whole buying banners thing seems to be the norm in England?), but paint them yourself.

Get an overhead projector and even if you are not an artist you can get some stunning work done. Cheaper, looks good and its something you can be proud off as you didnt just buy it.

Keep doing what you are doing and don´t let others talk you down. Rome wasn´t built on a day, right? :)

Thank you for your input. Especially appreciated as you lot (have to talk about Germans in general here, sadly don't know too much about Frankfurt) are doing A LOT of things right.

Lot of good ideas there

Bembeltown said:

Great point on the banners why spend hundreds of pounds on banners when you can just make them for barely anything. You could do it in a few hours and they will look better than a crappy generic flag that our at every ground.

This Charming Man T-shirt available, limited edition: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301202795168" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301202795168</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.