1897 - Thomas Herbert "Bert" Read

Wow! Thanks for all the info. I'd like to find out the name of the pub so I can have a pint there next time I'm in Manchester. Sorry it's taken so long to reply, I will get a photo of the medal up soon. Thanks again.

Hey Brummie, I read your post with keen interest because I’m also a relative of Bert Read, I guess that means we are related somehow, cool eh? I’m his great grandson, his daughter Vera was my maternal grandmother. I believe his family were originally from the Birmingham area, is that how you are connected? I’d love to see a picture of the medal. My mother knows quite a bit more about his later life and the pub etc it’s an interesting story with some intrigue. If you’re interested to know more please message or email me. maugrim8@me.com

Hey Brummie, I read your post with keen interest because I’m also a relative of Bert Read, I guess that means we are related somehow, cool eh? I’m his great grandson, his daughter Vera was my maternal grandmother. I believe his family were originally from the Birmingham area, is that how you are connected? I’d love to see a picture of the medal. My mother knows quite a bit more about his later life and the pub etc it’s an interesting story with some intrigue. If you’re interested to know more please message or email me. maugrim8@me.com
You may be better sending him a PM mate,as he may not come on here any longer.It should flag up on his own e-mail address.

It’s like Who Do You Think You Are? this

Cheers lads, have sent Brummie a PM. Yes, it's just like "Who Do You Think You Are?" In terms of intrigue, I don't know the full story but will find out more details... What I know is a sad tale of crime, infidelity and betrayal based in a Manchester pub - one to rival any soap opera - lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.