1976 League Cup Final Pictures

I was 12 at the time, great day. Made up for getting beat 2 years earlier.
went with dad and grandad from birchfields bus depot. For £2 I think it was at the time, coach fare there, meat pie and a can of beer, went for a Christmas dinner at Watford supporters club after game and stayed till early hours. Great memories. Thought the Newcastle fans were class.
Xmas dinner last day of Feb ?

Went to the game with my Dad & my Brother, I remember dad getting really anoyed with Dennis Tueart after the game for wearing a Newcastle shirt & saying how great there fans were without mentioning the city fans,
He must have written to city because he got a letter back from the club with a apology from Dennis & as a family we were featured in one of the programs later that season?

I was 8 years old and my Dad took me. We stayed near Heathrow Friday night, that morning I was the only city fan walking around Wembley early doors. Midday onwards loads of city coaches started to arrive. What a day Peter Barnes my childhood hero.
We still made last orders back in the Ribble Valley local that night, 1st time been in a pub so late on a Saturday night, had my scarf and rosette on , was like a local celebrity as everyone came up to me and could not believe we had been to London and back..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.