2 Soldiers Killed in Ireland

sdavros said:
can this thread be removed please.

it serves no purpose.. pretty much the same as the Army in the North really

I agree 100% with aspects of this thread (especially some of the comments I have made & the posts that lead me to make them, & responses (both in support and against) being removed, and the thread being allowed to delve into the archives, although the Army in the north are still doing what they were doing before '69, i.e. staying in the garrison camps and preparing for their next deployment, the same as they have done in garrisons throughout the years.

blue jim said:
law74 said:
[/b][/i]

Please clarify this statement before i call you names that you might not wish to be called
Lee Clegg shooting joy riders, Sergeant Clive Graham Williams in civilian clothes shooting three men at a bus stop and driving off, both on the Glen Road.
Opening fire and killing unarmed men in Riverdale who were part of the catholic ex-servicemens association while dressed as paramilitaries and waved through british army road blocks further up the andersonstown road.

Daniel Barrett (15), Ardoyne, Belfast; shot in his home from a nearby BA observation post.
John Beattie (17), West Belfast, shot in his father’s van by a British army sniper.
John Boyle (16), Dunloy, Co. Antrim, shot by SAS near an arms dump he had earlier discovered and reported to authorities.
John Collins (17), West Belfast, shot by Parachute Reg’t soldier at a checkpoint.
Michael Patrick Connors (14), Central Belfast, shot along with John Mahon by British soldiers at a checkpoint.
Patrick Crawford (15), West Belfast, while walking with two others, shot by British soldiers.
Manus Deery (15), Derry, shot by army sniper as he brought supper home from nearby shop.
John Dempsey (16), West Belfast, shot by British soldier in disturbances following hunger-strike death of Joe McDonnell.
David Devine (16), Strabane, Tyrone, shot along with two adult Catholics by SAS.

Then ofcourse there is Bloody Sunday. And lets not forget the shoot to kill policy as investigated by the deputy chief constable of the greater manchester police John Stalker.

Do you want me to keep going?

Call me what you want, I've heard it all before.

Blue Jim...small bit of information on David Devine..#

Devine, David 23 February 1985, (17) Catholic
Status: Irish Republican Army (IRA), Killed by: British Army (BA)
Shot by undercover British Army (BA) members, while returning arms to dump, in field, off Plumbridge Road, Strabane, County Tyrone.
<a class="postlink" href="http://cain.ulst.ac.uk/sutton/alpha/D.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://cain.ulst.ac.uk/sutton/alpha/D.html</a>

so regarding your David Devine (16), Strabane, Tyrone, shot along with two adult Catholics by SAS. although is true your selective memory is indeed amazing!....and misleading.

40 years on since the trobles started up in the north 1969 the IRA first started and 40 years later there is still all this bollocks going on. Most people are pissed off with this bollocks most up North are trying to get on with there lives now. It will never ever be sorted up there. If there is a shooting or raid on one or the other up there it is in the media the IRA or UVFs fault. It is neither it is the scumbag drug lords up there now who are up to most of the shit that is going on now.

I too would ask for the mods to remove this as you will get too many people getting too pasionate over this and it doesn't need this on a city fourm we are all here for 1 reason we all love City.

nornironCityFan said:
blue jim said:
Lee Clegg shooting joy riders, Sergeant Clive Graham Williams in civilian clothes shooting three men at a bus stop and driving off, both on the Glen Road.
Opening fire and killing unarmed men in Riverdale who were part of the catholic ex-servicemens association while dressed as paramilitaries and waved through british army road blocks further up the andersonstown road.

Daniel Barrett (15), Ardoyne, Belfast; shot in his home from a nearby BA observation post.
John Beattie (17), West Belfast, shot in his father’s van by a British army sniper.
John Boyle (16), Dunloy, Co. Antrim, shot by SAS near an arms dump he had earlier discovered and reported to authorities.
John Collins (17), West Belfast, shot by Parachute Reg’t soldier at a checkpoint.
Michael Patrick Connors (14), Central Belfast, shot along with John Mahon by British soldiers at a checkpoint.
Patrick Crawford (15), West Belfast, while walking with two others, shot by British soldiers.
Manus Deery (15), Derry, shot by army sniper as he brought supper home from nearby shop.
John Dempsey (16), West Belfast, shot by British soldier in disturbances following hunger-strike death of Joe McDonnell.
David Devine (16), Strabane, Tyrone, shot along with two adult Catholics by SAS.

Then ofcourse there is Bloody Sunday. And lets not forget the shoot to kill policy as investigated by the deputy chief constable of the greater manchester police John Stalker.

Do you want me to keep going?

Call me what you want, I've heard it all before.

Blue Jim...small bit of information on David Devine..#

Devine, David 23 February 1985, (17) Catholic
Status: Irish Republican Army (IRA), Killed by: British Army (BA)
Shot by undercover British Army (BA) members, while returning arms to dump, in field, off Plumbridge Road, Strabane, County Tyrone.
<a class="postlink" href="http://cain.ulst.ac.uk/sutton/alpha/D.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://cain.ulst.ac.uk/sutton/alpha/D.html</a>

so regarding your David Devine (16), Strabane, Tyrone, shot along with two adult Catholics by SAS. although is true your selective memory is indeed amazing!....and misleading.

Just to maybe de-fuse(no pun) the situation but continue on the comments of bluejim, there were also 2 sas men caught in Iraq dressed as Arabs, armed with timing devices and detonators, i think there is or has been a lot of this sort of stuff going on in Northern Ireland and indeed proven, all over the world. Im not sure, but i think the term is Agent Provocatuer(probably mis-spelt). There is a line from a song, sung by the greatest rock band in history imo, The Clash, and the song is called Tommy Gun; "you're gonna make it on the nine o'clock news, standing in Palestine lighting the fuse, whatever he wants hes gonna get it". Nuff said guys.

leighton said:
40 years on since the trobles started up in the north 1969 the IRA first started and 40 years later there is still all this bollocks going on. Most people are pissed off with this bollocks most up North are trying to get on with there lives now. It will never ever be sorted up there. If there is a shooting or raid on one or the other up there it is in the media the IRA or UVFs fault. It is neither it is the scumbag drug lords up there now who are up to most of the shit that is going on now.

I too would ask for the mods to remove this as you will get too many people getting too pasionate over this and it doesn't need this on a city fourm we are all here for 1 reason we all love City.

I have to agree, while i ill NEVER allow anyone to ridicule what the ARMY achieved in 35+ years in province, it is time to move on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.