2022/2023 Accounts - Record Revenues & Profit - Annual Report

I'm fairly sure the club have a long list of projects lined up, and have looked into investing in any projects showing a positive NPV.

They aren't mugs, it's a business and should be ran like one.
No I'm sure they're very clever and know what their doing. But part of me (though I'm far from expert in areas like this) fells like the focus of the board has shifted too much on being perceived by others as financially savy. Could've used that money to replenished the depleted talent in the academies we've sold off

No I'm sure they're very clever and know what they’re doing. But part of me (though I'm far from expert in areas like this) fells like the focus of the board has shifted too much on being perceived by others as financially savy. Could've used that money to replenished the depleted talent in the academies we've sold off
Aren’t we just sorting the transfer of that wonder kid from Leeds?

Aside from that we are investing money big time. Just the small matter of the £300m north stand extension/hotel for starters.

Then CFG have the joint venture for the arena which will be to our benefit. £180 mil for that.

Further afield CFG are currently building the new stadium in New York at a cost of $780 million. No direct benefit to us but part of the overall strategy to grow the biggest football brand in the world. And City will always be the flagship at the heart of that empire.

In a similar vain we’ve recently bought Bahia in Brazil for c$200 mil.

Then, away from CFG/City, Abu Dhabi are investing in football/sport more generally. Mubadala agreed a $1billion deal of 20% for the rights of Brazilian league. (Don't think it's going through now though).

Sheikh Mansour's privately controlled Abu Dhabi’s International Media Investments (IMI) has also invested $750 million in a joint venture with Gerry Cardinale-led Red Bird Capital partners for further investment in sport/football. RedBird are the 3rd largest shareholder in FSG/Liverpool when they bought a share also for c$750 million.

So, I wouldn't be too worried about City's strategy.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.