2022 World Cup Discussion

I enjoyed it overall. Quite a few upsets. Some great matches. And although the final looked for a long time like been a bit of a walkover, it turned out to be a classic.

Can’t pretend I was overly concerned about the human rights and dead workers stuff if I’m being totally honest.

The one thing that did ruin it a bit was that it was in the middle of our winter. All the England games apart from the first one were on freezing cold nights. So I missed the crack of everyone out all day in the sun on the piss. Guessing the police didn’t though. But you can’t expect them to organise it all around Europeans going on the piss I suppose.

It's odd how many are downplaying this WC and how great it was - probably were, like myself rightly against it being held at Qatar and don't want to admit how good it turned out.
Accepting Qatar staged a well organised tournament with some entertaining games and a few shocks is not incompatible with with believing the decision to hold it in Qatar was as bent as a nine Bob note.

Watching that, interesting to see the BBC needed over 520 people to cover the World Cup in one form or another.
And those 520 BBC people were all wracked with guilt about working in such a place as Qatar. They musy have had so many sleepless nights in their luxury hotels (built by migrants). Total hypocrites.

Watching that, interesting to see the BBC needed over 520 people to cover the World Cup in one form or another.

BBC coverage was excellent from start to finish - but agree, they don’t need that many people there.
My Grandad used to ring up the BBC complaining about this back in the day!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.