20MPH Speed Limit - Wales

20mph, it seems maybe a little silly in many places the Welsh councils have suddenly realised. Who knew:-)

Councils wasting peoples money since? Well forever. I think it's called dropping a Burnham bollock nowadays.
Living in North Wales this is another kick in the nuts and another hangover from the dinosaur Drakeford.. We pay higher council tax than across the border but the roads are diabolical (they are everywhere) and the local services worse.. Trying to get a GP appointment here is nigh on impossible

Wasting billions on this speed reduction is totally unacceptable and shows that the initial decision was never truly investigated for viability / public feeling (if they decide to revert to previous rules)

We live just off a stretch of B road that has always been 30 but got dropped to 20.. There were no signs but now there are 20 signs at the ends of the stretch.. People (generally) do 20-30 now although there are some who still believe it’s a National speed limit .. Before the 20 came in the majority did because they clearly don’t know the rules of the road.. any stretch of road with street-lights and no signage has always been 30 (now 20 here) but people are either too stupid to realise it or don’t think that the law applies to them..

I think we’ll be making the move back to England once SWMBO’s health stabilises… No offence intended but coming here is like going back 10-15 years with the TV programmes and infrastructure

Living in North Wales this is another kick in the nuts and another hangover from the dinosaur Drakeford.. We pay higher council tax than across the border but the roads are diabolical (they are everywhere) and the local services worse.. Trying to get a GP appointment here is nigh on impossible

Wasting billions on this speed reduction is totally unacceptable and shows that the initial decision was never truly investigated for viability / public feeling (if they decide to revert to previous rules)

We live just off a stretch of B road that has always been 30 but got dropped to 20.. There were no signs but now there are 20 signs at the ends of the stretch.. People (generally) do 20-30 now although there are some who still believe it’s a National speed limit .. Before the 20 came in the majority did because they clearly don’t know the rules of the road.. any stretch of road with street-lights and no signage has always been 30 (now 20 here) but people are either too stupid to realise it or don’t think that the law applies to them..

I think we’ll be making the move back to England once SWMBO’s health stabilises… No offence intended but coming here is like going back 10-15 years with the TV programmes and infrastructure
I travel North Wales every four weeks with my job and I consider the roads to be in far better condition that they are here in Cheshire
The 20mph roll out was the most stupid idea and listening to a hotelier yesterday on the radio, he explained really well the confusion and also how it's made the roads more dangerous with drivers becoming extremely frustrated and impatient

I’ve never a problem with 20mph outside schools etc but pootling across any distance at 20mph is a fucking nightmare. How tradesmen and delivery drivers deal with it I do not know - it must be so frustrating. Of course that’s only struggling local economies being further stretched so who gives a fuck about that !
We seem to have stumbled into a world where modern politicians of every hue don’t care what a majority of constituents want and simply ignore it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.