21 | Sergio Gomez - 2023/24

So what about this guy, then? Has he got any kind of future at all here? I can honestly say he's the only player in the squad, I go through long periods when I forget that he even exists.

I would keep him around if we’ve got squad space and no one makes a very interesting loan offer.

He’s got promise, he’s got a year of Peps coaching under his belt, could very easily kick on to be a useful, versatile squad player.

Hope you're right, because why would anyone wish ill on a City player? And I hate the way people on here write off a player, hardly having seen him played. It happened to Nathan Aké, and I'm not about to forget that, given the phenomenal season he's just had.
Can't help wondering, though, why this guy has been given so very little game time, even off the bench (Aké is of course part of the answer). Can't help wondering, in short, if Pep is seeing something that he's not very impressed with.

Another player like Ortega who got absolutely rinsed after we got beat Southampton (worst game of the season) Ortega seemed to turn it around, always be a squad player but hes a City fan living the dream, id keep him.

Right now playing U21 Euros for Spain vs Romania as left winger
(where his career began).
Maybe he can be our Grealish cover. I think there is a player in there.

He doesn't want to leave, so I trust Pep will assess him during pre-season. Then, we will see where his future lies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.