23/09/89 The Demolition Derby

Loved it

Machins marvels 5 Fergies fledgings 1 were the t shirts after this

Dessie Noonan and his Rag arsed mates were in the North Stand when it went off

Fucking loved giving the twats the game to remember

Went out that night with my City shirt under my night gear never felt so proud being a blue

Watched football focus or whatever it was before the game and remember that annoying twat John Mccirick the racing pundit saying the rags were a knocking bet to beat us.
Was feeling optimistic before the game and when we got onto the Kippax it was rammed and the atmosphere was electric.
Think they started bit better than us but when ref stopped the game because the rags were getting twatted in North Stand and ended up on the pitch.
After the restart we took the game to them and battered them...could and should have been a lot more than 5.
Walking down Lloyd Street towards Wilbraham Road the rag twats were gutted and it was so fucking good to remind them how shite they were.
Spent the evening in the Princess with a load of Fallowfield blues and a good night was had by all.
Happy Maine Road Massacre Day to all blues.

I was stood above the Piccadilly Radio tunnel in the Kippax. I seem to remember Pete the Badge standing just behind us. It was great when the Rag's started in the North Stand and got battered.
I couldn't wait for Monday so I could give the Rag's at school some shit. Strange that many of them were hiding.

I'd already moved to the US, lost touch with all things City...just the occasional news paper from visitors

What made tonking them all that much sweeter was the fact that Ferguson had spent a fucking fortune and we had more or less the same team that had won promotion. Also IIRC they'd beaten Arsenal on the opening day when full kit wanker Knighton was on the pitch ball juggling and then just as now they were already bigging themselves up. The beautiful sight of a near desolate Platt Lane with the remaining few giving a pathetic rendition of "Fergie Out" will be a memory I will forever cherish. I also recall the Kippax with the highly sarcastic "You couldn't take the North Stand" after a few rags got filled in a few minutes into the game. A truly magical day all around.
Mel's marvels 5 Fergie's wallet 1. :)

I was in windy corner with the future Mrs Moon who made a point of jumping on the rag fans toes next to us with her heels on for the first 3 goals. He fucked off for the second half.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.