23rd April 1991 - David White's finest 90 mins in a City shirt

Mad Eyed Screamer

Aston Villa 1 Manchester City 5 (White 4, Brennan)
Team: Coton, Hill, Pointon, Heath, Hendry, Redmond, White, Brennan, Quinn, Harper, Ward. Subs: P Reid, Allen.

One of those games you just never wanted to end..... great trip to / from and during Villa Park for the night game.

Remember it like yesterday....bunked off college early in Camden. Bus to euston, then caught mid afternoon train before rush hour. Despite the evening ko, MCFC brought a good following down and we enjoyed that evening's activity. White was like a whirling dervish, think he was played central....pure fire that evening....Had a good, effective team under Reidy.

Honourable mention for Ward....that guy was amazing, great energy and impact on the team.

Last edited:
Re-arranged game after the original being called off when on my way for snow.

Glad i took the day off work and made the effort to go in the evening.

Was supposed to go to this game. Mate went to withdraw cash from his savings account but the bank wouldn't let him withdraw as his signature has changed. So we couldn't buy the tickets.

Gutted when I heard the score!

A mate of mine I went to the match with was knived to death in town on the Saturday night of the weekend before this. He was supposed to be at this match, always reminds me of him whenever it comes up. He would have loved to watch what we have been privileged to see in the last 6 years. RIP Ste

Remember it like yesterday....bunked off college early in Camden. Bus to euston, then caught mid afternoon train before rush hour. Despite the evening ko, MCFC brought a good following down and we enjoyed that evening's activity. White was like a whirling dervish, think he was played central....pure fire that evening....Had a good, effective team under Reidy.

Honourable mention for Ward....that guy was amazing, great energy and impact on the team.

Agree on Mark Ward. Many weren't happy with Bishop going the other way, me included, but Ward was great for the team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.