24 | Joško Gvardiol - 2023/24

• Thread starter BrazilianGus
  • Start date
He's been freely unmarked around the opposition box all the time. I guess Pep has drilled him to shoot more with his right foot if the chance comes.

Not only has he had to get used to a new team and to Pep’s style and tactics, he has come in to a new position - as far as he know he has always played CB before? Incredible player

Immense since returning to the starting XI.

Probably put in the training effort with that right foot. Seemed to look alot more comfortable in the side, especially moving into the final third.

Unpopular opinion, I mentioned it back in November: I don’t wanna see him transition to centre half or the centre half/central mid. Just happy for him to do his own thing in that left back slot and become the best in the world at that (whatever it is)

Umm Josko will still get plenty of shots if he plays central. But he is not very comfortable to defend against pacy right wingers coming down this side. Plus a traditional left back will offer overlapping and deep crossing along left pitch edge which currently none of the squad can do. I can still see a left back outside Josko to maximize both strength.

Umm Josko will still get plenty of shots if he plays central. But he is not very comfortable to defend against pacy right wingers coming down this side. Plus a traditional left back will offer overlapping and deep crossing along left pitch edge which currently none of the squad can do. I can still see a left back outside Josko to maximize both strength.
Fair enough… like i said, unpopular

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.