24 | Joško Gvardiol - 2023/24

• Thread starter BrazilianGus
  • Start date
so he passed the eye test today? great stats, most dribbles and duels won.

i also won a duel today, for the first time i had a random person in real life start to talk shit about city abd money and finances, took care of that quickly and asked her about her club, she said loserpool. poor thing. they’re all so very boring aren’t they…

As a follower of the Transfer forum, I don't watch enough football outside of England to form a judgement of our potential signings so I always pay attention to what people who have watched them regularly say. In Josko's case, you were spot on. Already a very, very good player, he'll soon be a great one.

Before he joined City, he was declared a generational talent by various folk who have played the game before but people were effectively quick to question Txiki’s decision to pay big money for him.

I’ve never doubted the kid but it was being close to the pitch at Luton away in the league (on the side of the pitch with the home fans due to a corporate ticket) and seeing Josko from such close quarters that convinced me we had signed someone special.

Watching him develop is a joy and you can be sure Pep will get the best out of him.

Mint.

From the very start, I’ve always been impressed. Never doubted his quality. I know patience isn’t a quality a lot have but it would be nice if people could exercise just a smidge of it with new/young players from another country.

Fat chance of that happening but hey ho.

Pep had some really nice words to say post-match and was quite effusive on the character bit. Comments start at about 2:40. (Also Pep reminding us to keep the faith on the new players).

“I would say it’s been more than weeks (that he has been excellent). I would say it’s months already. There was a period that was so uncertain, it was not really, really good. I said before, but it’s normal in the first season, Premier League, the demanding, challenges, skills, and strengths.

“But we talked, we saw many of his performances, and he got it. He can play central defender, can play left, he’s just 22-years-old, he’s an unbelievably lovely guy, he’s beloved like you cannot imagine for his humility and we are really, really pleased.”

Pep had some really nice words to say post-match and was quite effusive on the character bit. Comments start at about 2:40. (Also Pep reminding us to keep the faith on the new players).

“I would say it’s been more than weeks (that he has been excellent). I would say it’s months already. There was a period that was so uncertain, it was not really, really good. I said before, but it’s normal in the first season, Premier League, the demanding, challenges, skills, and strengths.

“But we talked, we saw many of his performances, and he got it. He can play central defender, can play left, he’s just 22-years-old, he’s an unbelievably lovely guy, he’s beloved like you cannot imagine for his humility and we are really, really pleased.”

We’re all pretty much on the same page with Gvardiol. He’s becoming the beast we hoped he would, but he had “a period that was so uncertain”, which is where the debate stemmed from, addressed by Pep.

Fans are more reactionary, mind.

Love this guy!!

Similar to others I thought he seemed different to the other signings early on, in that he never felt like a new signing but more that he had been with us for awhile.

ATM he’s playing so well my question now is he still playing out of position as not many better in the world then him in that position and has all the skill, strength, technique to become an all time great in that position.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.