24 | Joško Gvardiol - 2023/24

• Thread starter BrazilianGus
  • Start date
Massive asset just how comfortable he is on the ball. More so though how comfortable he is on his weak foot for a centre half. It will be really important down the line for playing out having a CB as comfortable as he is on his right as he is his left.

Ake's first season people wondered why we brought him as a CB - so much people wanted rid but Ake said no i am staying. Pep played him LB and people were calling him an awful LB, waste of position, not confidence. Ake learned the role and was a key figure in the run to the title, Ake is now probably the best centre back in the league this season.

And people wonder why Pep is playing Josko at LB - maybe he has a plan and know what he is doing?

Im totally prepared to give him his first season as so many others have needed , including rodders. And hes young too. Hes not been great though.
But …….

I can only imagine that pep is doing the same with him he did with foden, stick him out wide, really learn how we play by looking on from the wide areas , also learn that LB position as pep asks players to sometimes play in unfavoured positions
Then when hes settled , slot him in the middle to be the worlds best CB

Easy peasy

I thought last night was one of the first games that Pep’s usage of him made sense. I don’t think it works as well with Doku or Grealish on the left, but it clicked with Foden for sure. Gvardiol being so wide and advanced lets the left attacker stay really central and close to Haaland whilst already having Alvarez and KDB in there, which is a huge threat.

Way higher risk defensively than last seasons tactics, but clearly Pep thinks this is the way to combat the double & sometimes triple marking we are seeing on Haaland.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.