27 | Matheus Nunes - 2023/24

What difference does that make?

Kalvin Phillips has been persona non grata since the World Cup as far as Pep is concerned, and he was never going to get a start when Gundogan or Rodri were fit.

Nunes falls into the Jack Rodwell category... If we hadn't signed him, we wouldn't be wondering why we'd 'missed out'.
Not sure there’s a more miserable poster on here these days and that’s some going looking at the competition.

I think Pep has let his handbrake off, the energy he produces in those runs down the line are blistering, imho of course.
He's slowly feeling his way into how pep wants a game played which may be a million miles what he's been used to.

I'm not one for shitting on players, so all I will say about Nunes is that, currently, I don't see how he makes us better or where his potential lies.

I see a Phillips 2.0. Natch, I hope i'm proved wrong and he becomes a great success, but atm I just don't see anything to get excited about, unlike with Lewis, Bobb and Hamilton.

When Bernardo plays wide right we need someone willing to make the interior run into the channel to open up space or receive the ball and drive to the byline

De Bruyne is the best in the world at this but is injured. Álvarez was doing this job until he had to be moved to centre forward

Lewis or Nunes are the other options. Both have the engine to do it but at present neither are entirely convincing when they get in those positions

I did think Nunes was better in the second half yesterday until he was taken off. His movement was good and Bernardo got in the game more as a result

I'm not one for shitting on players, so all I will say about Nunes is that, currently, I don't see how he makes us better or where his potential lies.

I see a Phillips 2.0. Natch, I hope i'm proved wrong and he becomes a great success, but atm I just don't see anything to get excited about, unlike with Lewis, Bobb and Hamilton.
Im the same. Last night kovacic showed me what is there, i thought he had a great game when he came on . But im struggling to see any hints of what might be coming with nunes

I find him frustrating. He's clearly a good player with ability but I feel like the amount of sloppy touches is too high and it's too easy to dispossess him. He's way too casual compared to others on the team and he needs to tighten up. Mahrez used to be a bit weak at times, but he made up for it with what he brought going forward.

I actually think he did okay yesterday and was far from the worst player on the pitch in that first half.

I'm not one of those who thinks he was some kind of panic buy - we simply don't panic buy and Pep made it clear plenty of times before we bought him that he likes him as a player. This was 100% a Pep signing.

I think the benefit he has is that, unlike Phillips, we can risk putting him on the pitch against lower table opposition and still get results, which gives him a chance to bed in - but it's going to take time until the minutes accrue for him.

Patience needed on this one.

Very unique player. Looking forwards to see him moulded into our side by Pep.

Yesterday was the best we’ve played for a while, and Nunes was really growing into the game I thought.

Very unique player. Looking forwards to see him moulded into our side by Pep.

Yesterday was the best we’ve played for a while, and Nunes was really growing into the game I thought.
Can’t fault his effort in all the games he has played in……. he tries to be positive. Sadly, it is not working for him.

Don't see it with this guy and didn't see it with Wolves. He's a good player but I can't ever see him being anything other than a bit part player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.