27 | Matheus Nunes - 2023/24

Really needs to hit the weights. Felt like he bottled every 50/50 and bottling that ahead of Pickford was bizarre.

Really needs to utilize Peps coaching because today's the type of game he needs to slot in seamlessly.

He could have got the all first he seemed scared of contact if he got to the ball first!

This game alongside his Burnley one just shows where he is at, very inconsistent but tremendous ability. Won't be near the team for an important CL game but has a chance to get into the team for those next season. Just got to see how he does rest of the season. Judge him as a whole rather than game to game.
Judged as whole things arguably look worse for him. You could count on one hand the half decent/good games he’s had and I don’t remember a single one against opposition that is any good. Some got excited because he did ok against Burnley. It’s not just that he’s been poor, it’s that the likes of Foden get moved wide to accommodate him.

Said this everytime Iwe've seen him play and I still am utterly convinced of it, he fits into the side as a wide midfielder on the right hand sidenright now. all his attributes point to it. It is just odd now that pep continues to push him as a central midfielder. He might end up there after a year or two with peps guidance but for now he has to play out wide.
Yeah I think that’s fair to do.

It’s very hard to play in the middle for city, because many teams sit back.

Foden has barely gotten a chance at it until this season.

Let him be part of the team out wide, but over time give him chances in the middle.

He is still a good player, this year is about adaptation for me.

Just think he’s not good enough for City, shame, but it is what it is as they say.
You can’t back out of challenges in midfield.

Thought he'd turned the corner after his performance against Burnley.
Today he was shite, no effort, no bottle, shocking performance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.