27 | Matheus Nunes - 2023/24

Some serious raggy & entitled posts on this thread.

Lad was bought to do a job, fill a hole, and potentially be a KDB replacement, if he can develop that way under Pep.

He’s played for top teams, is an international, and Pep wanted him.

Color me crazy, but he’s going to get the benefit of the doubt for the rest of the season…at the very least!

He had a sense of urgency, as if saying, "The opportunity to play is hard to come by, and I have to seize it," but the more he thought about it, the harder it was for him to perform. The team's tactics were already complicated enough, and his anxious mentality made it impossible for him to think about how to make the right choice. After making some wrong choices, his self-confidence would also be affected, making the whole thing even worse. Pep should let him sit on the bench and give him 20 minutes of performance time every week, so that he can avoid feeling anxious about playing time, which may help him find a normal game feel.

Some serious raggy & entitled posts on this thread.

Lad was bought to do a job, fill a hole, and potentially be a KDB replacement, if he can develop that way under Pep.

He’s played for top teams, is an international, and Pep wanted him.

Color me crazy, but he’s going to get the benefit of the doubt for the rest of the season…at the very least!
Amazing how many not only won't judge him after a full season but seem to actively want to write him off after 1150 minutes in a City shirt.

He had a sense of urgency, as if saying, "The opportunity to play is hard to come by, and I have to seize it," but the more he thought about it, the harder it was for him to perform. The team's tactics were already complicated enough, and his anxious mentality made it impossible for him to think about how to make the right choice. After making some wrong choices, his self-confidence would also be affected, making the whole thing even worse. Pep should let him sit on the bench and give him 20 minutes of performance time every week, so that he can avoid feeling anxious about playing time, which may help him find a normal game feel.
Surely the club have a bunch of sports psychologists …

Surely the club have a bunch of sports psychologists …
Course we do. Playing for the best team in the world for the most demanding management in football isn't necessarily a phycological thing it can also just be a time thing. Surely by now we've learnt to give new player's time?

Poor game yesterday, a few touches of class but generally lacked confidence and didn't find space as an outlet in midfield. Needs time.

Not saying he had a great game, but I am reminded of how wrong people here can get things.... I remember when KDB first joined us, the howls of people saying he gave the ball away too easily and should play easier passes...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.