27 years since this.......

king colin scored one as good as van basten.
Nah, Bells was a great volley from a narrow angle, but it didn't have the ridiculous precision of the dipping lob that Van Bastens had. Van Bastens had to be perfect, there was no leeway for getting it wrong, in any way. Also, european championship final. Context makes huge difference

Absolute wonder goal, in a final too. I still don't know how he hit the target from there. The only other final I can think of where a wonder volley was scored would have been Zidane in the champions league final, another sensational goal

Didn't Van Basten retire really early in his career? I can't remember seeing him much when Serie A was on channel 4

Absolute wonder goal, in a final too. I still don't know how he hit the target from there. The only other final I can think of where a wonder volley was scored would have been Zidane in the champions league final, another sensational goal

Didn't Van Basten retire really early in his career? I can't remember seeing him much when Serie A was on channel 4

One of the best players in my lifetime. He would have thrived and been as good as anyone in the modern game

I've always thought Robbens against the rags at the swamp was the best. Baconface's face was a picture when that worldy went in.

My all time favourite player, the complete centre forward.

He was pretty much finished by 1992/3 at only 28 years old. He tried to make a comeback two years later but was a shadow of the player he was before. His ankles were shot to pieces

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.