3 Games in One Day

willy eckerslike said:
mcfcvideos said:
Here's the fixtures for Easter Monday 1961...

8Kjoej8.png

Strangely, what I like about this is the names of the teams written in full and the dot after the v. Am I a bit weird?

Weird no.Dotty yes !!

My wife was ill one Good Friday so had the 2 kids (3&6) to amuse, I took them to Daisy nook fair in the morning, then to Watch Hyde United in the afternoon, then on to Belle Vue Speedway in the evening does that count?

Both were fast asleep with 4 heats to go at the speedway, so maybe too much excitement for one day!

Frequently manage to take in a city home match and a rhino away/cup match in a day when they are both playing and times match up. Did the Everton home match and the grand final at the swamp the other week + managed to upset a lot of rags in attendance at the latter by still wearing my city shirt! They didn't even get my ironically pointing out that I thought they were playing against Sunderland at the same time as these so called fans were watching a rugby match. I support City and Rhino's but I know where my priorities lie.

Newtoncc said:
My wife was ill one Good Friday so had the 2 kids (3&6) to amuse, I took them to Daisy nook fair in the morning, then to Watch Hyde United in the afternoon, then on to Belle Vue Speedway in the evening does that count?

Both were fast asleep with 4 heats to go at the speedway, so maybe too much excitement for one day!

Did Tommy Roper conk out just as he turned for home around 10 lengths ahead and finish last that night at Belle Vue?
He usually did when I went - which was pretty regular back in the late 60's & early 70's ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.