3 | Ruben Dias - 2023/24

Said it in the matchday thread - it's poor defending to let a striker linger between a CB and RB. It's stuff that strikers are taught from being kids because the space is there.

Either Walker or Dias - both in the captains group - should be chatting to the other to sort it out. Dias was scrambling because of it. Just poor defending followed up by poor communication.

I love Dias, absolute rock when he's at his best but I wouldn't be averse to him having a rest and Gvardiol being tried in his natural position. Same with Walker out and Jonny Boulders in.

We did, after all, win the treble with Stones at right back!

Said it in the matchday thread - it's poor defending to let a striker linger between a CB and RB. It's stuff that strikers are taught from being kids because the space is there.

Either Walker or Dias - both in the captains group - should be chatting to the other to sort it out. Dias was scrambling because of it. Just poor defending followed up by poor communication.

I love Dias, absolute rock when he's at his best but I wouldn't be averse to him having a rest and Gvardiol being tried in his natural position. Same with Walker out and Jonny Boulders in.

I'd even go with Akanji at RB, Stones and Gvardiol in the middle and Ake at LB.

Weird how stones played LCB when he came on, you'd think they'd revert to their usual sides.

Dias on the right is half the player. It's weird how it makes such an impact on his game, but it does

Brilliant tonight. He delivered when we needed him the most. Never ever doubt this guy. He is like the Rafael Nadal of CBs. I want to see him next to John Stones at CB, with Gvardiol being more eased into the team, helping out John with his minutes since he is so injury-prone. Play Akanji at RB, and Ake at LB. Preferably, buy a real RB and a real LB, but for the time being, that's what I think we should do.
In other words the back 4 that helped us win the treble...

He’s having a poor run at the moment but come on blues let’s not doubt the guy. He’s world class and is an absolute driver of success for our team.

Him and Kyle have been caught bickering a lot this season. One of the first games of the season they had a shouting match over dokus placement. I’m not sure they’ve communicated well at all this season

Stones has been out for a long time and Gvardiol has never played in the CB position but other than that yeah its a brilliant idea
Instead of smart ass comment why don't you just write what you would do. We follow the same team so no need to be a prick.

Regarding Gvardiol it's his preferred position and the position he played for Croatia in the WC where he was excellent. He also played a lot of games at CB for RBL. Also he isn't doing that well at RB so I didn't think it was such a crazy idea to put the guy in his preferred position but obviously you feel otherwise.

And Stones automatically slots into CB whenever he is fit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.