ireland
killen
onouha?
weiss
cunningham
evans
whelan
barton

thats all i can think of so far is guidetti one?

Dickson Etuhu for Nigeria
Kieran Westwood for Rep of Ireland

Guidetti hasn't played at full international yet.

Terry Dunfield - Canada,
Danny Allsopp - Australia,
Paddy McCarthty / Willo Flood - ROI

lord lewis said:
ArabFan12 said:
point taken, but all I am saying is that sometimes our Academy proudly expresses how it generated 33 players but only half a dozen genuinely contributed to where we are.

It seems to me sometimes that they are interested in the statistic rather than the actual impact.

But point taken half a dozen should be commended, but the majority are just championship, league 1 quality.

The future of the academy is more impressive than the past.
You would not have been saying this Twelve Years ago.
The point is surely that 34 Academy kids have been produced to the required standard and sent through to Carrington for the First Team Manager of the Day to utilise. The fact that in a lot of cases, they were discarded without a proper chance is more annoying !

People also need to remember that any academy players who don't make it but are sold on to other clubs help with the annual profits.
All of them will not make the grade in the top league but can do well in the lower leagues.

msl said:
stockportblue said:
Harry Bunn is under 18.Yes there are some good lads in the under 16 side-I have seen them 3 times so farthis year.Quite a few of them played under age last year as well.One has played in the under 16s since he was 13.

Cheers SB. I think I read on the FA website a while back that there were 3 City players in the latest U16's squad. The name Ellis Plumber rings a bell, is this the lad that's been playing at 16's since 13?

In the latest under 16 squad I think there is only Shay Facey.

ArabFan12 said:
Yea but it doesn't amount to anything really.

This is always brought up but the fact is none of them are in our best starting 11 now.

Some of them were just fringe players and played for 5 mins and we are supposed to say that they made it.

If you look at the list, you can only point out just 3 or 4 players who remained in the PL and the rest are just in Championship standard and below.

Apparently our U16 is the real deal.

Kaspar Schmeichel

Richards Boyata Onouha Cunningham

Wright Phillips Barton Michael Johnson Weiss

Ireland

Sturridge

That IMHO is a mid-table premier league team.

Chris in London said:
ArabFan12 said:
Yea but it doesn't amount to anything really.

This is always brought up but the fact is none of them are in our best starting 11 now.

Some of them were just fringe players and played for 5 mins and we are supposed to say that they made it.

If you look at the list, you can only point out just 3 or 4 players who remained in the PL and the rest are just in Championship standard and below.

Apparently our U16 is the real deal.

Kaspar Schmeichel

Richards Boyata Onouha Cunningham

Wright Phillips Barton Michael Johnson Weiss

Ireland

Sturridge

That IMHO is a mid-table premier league team.

Nice one

I don't think any other club can claim that amount of success with there youth

msl said:
lancs blue said:
Dickson Etuhu for Nigeria
Kieran Westwood for Rep of Ireland

Guidetti hasn't played at full international yet.

Terry Dunfield - Canada,
Danny Allsopp - Australia,
Paddy McCarthty / Willo Flood - ROI

Sorry but Danny Allsopp was signed at age 19 from Aus.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.