#31 | Ederson - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The tactic of hitting it long for Phil to challenge for headers time and again was baffling, just giving possession away. If we had to hit long balls then push Rodri towards halfway and get a couple of players around him for the second ball.

He has a lower save percentage than Ederson, so that can't be it
See above.

Then listen to this:

Shots save percentage is not remotely useless in assessing shot stopping per se.

Percentage save rate is absolutely useless as a measure of a keeper on its own as it doesn’t take into account the quality of shots faced (xG).
Whilst I think expected goals is a largely bullshit stat I do agree with the principle of what you're saying that's why in that post I mentioned the fact that ederson actually faces fewer speculative shots than other keepers due to opponents struggling to have any meaningful possession in areas to shoot from.

He generally only has something to do when the odds are stacked against him being able to do something about it. If he makes half a dozen extra routine saves per game like most other keepers nobody even mentions him.

He had no chance with any of the 3 goals, the only thing he could have done he did which was save the shot that led to their third. It's unfortunate the rebound was kind to Brighton. He's getting nowhere near the first 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.