31 | Ederson - 2023/24

looks like since he joined us

pens saved: 4
pens scored: 31

last saved: May 2021 v Everton when title already secured
last save in game that mattered: March 1 2018 vs Arsenal

10 scored in a row
22 scored in a row not counting the save v Everton in a dead rubber
The most amazing statistic is that teams don't *miss* pens against us. Was there a single penalty in the pep era that hit the post/went off target?

Wondered how many idiots would take a dig for not saving a penalty, something that by its very design is supposed to heavily favour the striker. Good to see so many didn't disappoint.
If the stats I just read are correct, the percentage of saves in the premier league is 12%.
4 saves out of 35 pens is 11.43%. Not all that bad really.

The most amazing statistic is that teams don't *miss* pens against us. Was there a single penalty in the pep era that hit the post/went off target?
I think he makes it easy for them by moving far too early.

It's hard to miss when you already know which way the keeper is going - you just roll it in.

if after conceding pens after pens the best idea was today to move early and effectively stay in the middle on half knee, probably some more practice needed. jump as wide to the left as you can is one thing, at least few times he will guess the side correctly at least.

If the stats I just read are correct, the percentage of saves in the premier league is 12%.
4 saves out of 35 pens is 11.43%. Not all that bad really.
No keeper should be saving any penalty in reality. You're only saving it if the opponent hits a poor penalty and you happen to guess the right way. First is entirely out of the keepers control and second is luck with a small amount of statistical probaility if theyve done their research which ive zero doubts they have. It's genuine madness to start criticizing a keeper for not saving something he has no right to save yet we see people saying just that regularly.

Today's pen was in the corner, completely irrelevant if he dived the right way or not he was never getting to it.

We are lucky to have him has been the chat on here a lot in past months etc etc, no the reality is we are lucky to have a great so called number 2, well I say get him in now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.